Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For former PalmOS users, you know what this does...

Gives caller location info on incoming calls and log history.

Read more/grab the .cab here (must register to download).

Updated on 1/8/07 to version 2.1.

http://ppcgeeks.com/cityid-caller-id...443.html#12340

Last edited by Malatesta; 01/08/2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: New Version

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Mal - you using this? How is it?
    END OF LINE
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Mal - you using this? How is it?
    One word:

AWESOME

No issues, no slowdowns. I love the full screen call window and large pic.

BTW, that background pic with the phone? That's fully editable. You can make anything as the "background" which means...

Fun hacking! lol

Nice... giving it a try.
    END OF LINE
    Hey Malatesta another terrific find just downloaded it works like a charm love the full screen action makes my screen look bigger for some reason maybe its just me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    For former PalmOS users, you know what this does...

Gives caller location info on incoming calls and log history.

Read more/grab the .cab here (must register to download):

http://ppcgeeks.com/cityid-caller-id...443.html#12340

Why would I want a program that puts all those squiggly black lines on my caller ID?
    LMAO

I'll have to try this. It's like a game of guess who's calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Why would I want a program that puts all those squiggly black lines on my caller ID?
    LOL, good one
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Hey Mal,
    Quick question...Do you know if this works off of the phone number or actual calling location. For instance, I live in Colorado but have a NY number. How would that pop up if I called you?
    Considering how fast it pops up, I would say from a database of the first 6 digits of the phone number. So it would show as NY calling, I think...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    How does this interact with settings already in place? (ringtones, picture ID, etc..)

Interesting..Thanks Littlepat.
  13.    #13  
    yeah this just compares the number to a database on the phone.

1st six digits are enough to give State and Town. It even has a revere number look up to do this.

as far as "how it interacts" I mean if you just follow the link you'll see the screen caps. it doesn't really over-ride anything except the pop up screen.

once again, very nice. I did kind of like this on the pos. now we have it on wm.

thanks, cody
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I'm guessing this only works on US numbers?
    hey my call log screen didn't change. not like the pics on ppcgeeks.

edit: i see, it's kind of an app instead of actually changing native call log that you see when you hit either the green key or the menu.

how do i register of get a register key? before the beta is over.

i see that it looks like thay will charge $1.99- $2.99 a month. or at a premium one time purchase price of $14.95.

http://cequint.com/technology.htm
    Last edited by codyppc; 12/02/2006 at 08:16 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    how do i register of get a register key? before the beta is over.
    I'm not convinced this beta "expires" at any time, so that reg code section may not be active. we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Hopefully it won't expire

P.S. I just called myself and the name under that number in my phonebook doesn't show up with cityID. Am I missing something? How am I suppose to know who's calling me? I do not remember numbers.

P.S.S. Is it possible to replace the menu > call log with the city ID call log?
    Last edited by L3thal; 12/03/2006 at 01:16 AM.
    I don't see the big deal in this. It just shows the city and state from where the caller is calling from? Who cares? Why would that be so important?

It would be really cool if when someone called your phone when into GPS mode and pinpointed exactly where the caller was located! Now that would be neat.
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    Prudential Real Estate - Las Vegas
    Buying, selling, just thinking about it?
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    I don't see the big deal in this. It just shows the city and state from where the caller is calling from? Who cares? Why would that be so important?

It would be really cool if when someone called your phone when into GPS mode and pinpointed exactly where the caller was located! Now that would be neat.
    1) for unknown callers, it's interesting info esp. if you don't recognize the area code
    2) I like the larger Caller ID picture that this enables
    3) it's free (for now)
    4) I like the full screen popup

And how the heck would your method even happen? How could your GPS pinpoint them? That makes no sense.

Or are you saying you'd want to broadcast your GPS coordinates to everyone you call? I'm not sure many of us would like that...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast