Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have deleted this program from my 700W after it repeatedly allowed the phone to ring with absolutely no visual representation at all. It had worked, originally but degraded. I was better off with the native notifier and have now returned to it.
    -- JMS --
    Quote Originally Posted by strideman View Post
    I have deleted this program from my 700W after it repeatedly allowed the phone to ring with absolutely no visual representation at all. It had worked, originally but degraded. I was better off with the native notifier and have now returned to it.
    Your free trial ran out.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I deleted it as well because it worked for only one day and then pfft, nothing. How long is the free trial? Surely longer than 1 day?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Seemed a little too soon for a true preview. At any rate, was fun while it lasted. But a subscription? Heck no.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by strideman View Post
    Seemed a little too soon for a true preview. At any rate, was fun while it lasted. But a subscription? Heck no.
    I've been running it since I posted it (12/02), not one issue. In fact I've even replaced the background with a custom one. Couldn't be happier.

As far as the "trial running out" if you're smart you know how to get around that (and no, don't bother PMing me about it).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #46  
    Update/Bump:

Version 2.1 has now been posted at ppcgeeks.com (old version was 1.6).

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/viewtopic,p,12340.html#12340

Is it know whether or not 2.1 expires?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Is it know whether or not 2.1 expires?
    well, it's not freeware so yes, it will expire.

Nice job, as always, Mal. Thanks for the heads-up -
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Update/Bump:

Version 2.1 has now been posted at ppcgeeks.com (old version was 1.6).

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/viewtopic,p,12340.html#12340

does this work with the 750 100%?......

When people (that are in my contacts) call........it doesnt show the name but instead just the phone number and location............

is it because i have all my contacts on my SIM card?....in other words, do the contacts have to be on the phone rather than the SIM to work correctly?.......
    I actually have uninstalled this recently because it was showing the right information only about 50% of the time. I would get a name, no number, or a number, contact pic, no name... etc.

Anyone else see this behavior?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I actually have uninstalled this recently because it was showing the right information only about 50% of the time. I would get a name, no number, or a number, contact pic, no name... etc.

Anyone else see this behavior?
    Yes, hence why I uninstalled it after 3 days of usage.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Do you think you could maybe attach that CAB over here?
    LongLivePalm
    I could't locate the CAB either. Where is it?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    No, it's over at the PPCGeeks forum... I just registered, and they aren't sending me the "confirm your email address" letter that we've all seen four hundred times. I can't download it until I'm confirmed... so would someone with an account over there as well post it over here please?
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I got my hands on it, and it's sweet, but it's too big for this forum. (maybe that's why... )
    It did put the file on my drive though, if anyone had trouble like me
    http://www.filesavr.com/cityidtimedbeta
    Last edited by LLC23; 10/21/2008 at 03:06 PM.
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    I got my hands on it, and it's sweet, but it's too big for this forum. (maybe that's why... )
    It did put the file on SaveFile though, if anyone had trouble like me
    http://www.savefile.com/projects/808556853
    Thanks LLC23,

I downloaded it and am trying it now.

Tom
    Well, sad to say I also deleted CityID. It was causing at least one lock up per day. Too bad, otherwise I kind of liked it, although the scrolling of the call history was rather sluggish. Maybe it will get better. After all it is a "beta".

Tom
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    1) for unknown callers, it's interesting info esp. if you don't recognize the area code
    2) I like the larger Caller ID picture that this enables
    3) it's free (for now)
    4) I like the full screen popup

And how the heck would your method even happen? How could your GPS pinpoint them? That makes no sense.

Or are you saying you'd want to broadcast your GPS coordinates to everyone you call? I'm not sure many of us would like that...

He is just pointing out to you that, that's the way something like that should work and it would make a lot more sense. I agree with all he said
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by boobo0 View Post
    He is just pointing out to you that, that's the way something like that should work and it would make a lot more sense. I agree with all he said
    Except for the part that it's technologically not feasible and would slow down your incoming call screen?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123