Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    1) for unknown callers, it's interesting info esp. if you don't recognize the area code
    2) I like the larger Caller ID picture that this enables
    3) it's free (for now)
    4) I like the full screen popup

And how the heck would your method even happen? How could your GPS pinpoint them? That makes no sense.

Or are you saying you'd want to broadcast your GPS coordinates to everyone you call? I'm not sure many of us would like that...
    First of all, calm down there...

Second, I must have explained myself incorrectly. I meant that it would be cool (yet probably impossible) if the caller's GPS information popped up on the screen so you would know where exactly everyone else was calling from. It was just some crazy idea. Don't get all upset. I still think knowing the city instead of the already known zip code is useless information. Just my opinion.
    Len McGuirk, Realtor®
    Prudential Real Estate - Las Vegas
    Buying, selling, just thinking about it?
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
  2.    #22  
    Who said I was upset? You asked "Who cares? Why would that be so important?" and I answered.

As far as you thinking it's useless, that's fine no biggy. I just don't see the point of posting in a thread saying so...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Mal,

Thanks for posting this. I missed it greatly from the Palm days.

Is there a way to map the City ID call log and have it replace the default one?

As it stands now the only way I can see being able to access the City ID call log is by going to programs etc. Of course it could be mapped to a button but having it replace the regular call log would be easier.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Mal,

Thanks for posting this. I missed it greatly from the Palm days.

Is there a way to map the City ID call log and have it replace the default one?

As it stands now the only way I can see being able to access the City ID call log is by going to programs etc. Of course it could be mapped to a button but having it replace the regular call log would be easier.
    will have to look into it. I wonder if we can rename the file to the default one and overwrite it in ROM?

that might work.

the log is SLOW
    "Slow" in what regard?

I don't find anything slow about it yet.
    Another good find!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    slick little program!
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend View Post
    the log is SLOW
    For me, it's slow in that it lags when I scroll. This is on a 700w. I will uninstall and reinstall because I wasn't getting a caller ID screen at all when a call came in.

UPDATE:
    Caller ID screen works now, but still the call log really lags with only 1 week's worth of calls. If I filter them, it does get much faster though.
    Last edited by blulegend; 12/04/2006 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend View Post
    For me, it's slow in that it lags when I scroll. This is on a 700w. I will uninstall and reinstall because I wasn't getting a caller ID screen at all when a call came in.

UPDATE:
    Caller ID screen works now, but still the call log really lags with only 1 week's worth of calls. If I filter them, it does get much faster though.
    Yeah, the Cityid log doesnt scroll nearly as smoothly as the regular log. The CityID log turns white each time I click or hold the button to scroll down which makes holding the down button useless as you cant see the names as its scrolling b/c the screen is white. Guess thats why its a beta though. Still a cool app.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Or are you saying you'd want to broadcast your GPS coordinates to everyone you call? I'm not sure many of us would like that...
    It does that already, I work in the Public Safety field and cell phones send their gps info on 9-1-1 calls, without you even knowing it.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by acoem2584 View Post
    It does that already, I work in the Public Safety field and cell phones send their gps info on 9-1-1 calls, without you even knowing it.
    Yes, we all know about e-911 but I think you know what I meant in relation to this thread

Has anyone used this on a 750v? Also will you be able to buy this after beta? I thought City ID didn't sell to end users (I could be wrong).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I found that the Caller ID screen stops working on the 700w if it starts closing down programs from low memory (assumption). It happens particularly when I use Google Maps in the IBM java thingie.
    This program expired on me today so to answer every ones question it does expire.

Does any one know where I can get a key from. I am going to pay for it, but don't really want to uninstall and reinstall if I can just get a key.
    Great. I was really enjoying my hacked call screen... maybe I'll buy it after all, if it's available...

In the even that it's not, though, does anyone know another way to change your call screen? With CityID, I had done a cutesy poo little pirate screen instead of the standard one, and placed it in the program folder, and I've gotten used to it.

A better question, though, is, does anyone know if we can download and install it again? Perhaps removing certain reg entries for the time being (while in beta) until such time that we're (possibly) allowed to purchase?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinbna View Post
    This program expired on me today so to answer every ones question it does expire.

Does any one know where I can get a key from. I am going to pay for it, but don't really want to uninstall and reinstall if I can just get a key.
    IF you want, try deleting the Trial key under HKLM\Software\CEQUINT\CityID in your registry. Soft reset and see if that resets it. Mine haven't expired yet so I can't tell if it works.
    My trial expired.
    I think I’ll actually get this. It "looks" like it integrates well into the phone.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Is this a memory/resource hog? My 700W has ~ 9 MB available so I don't want to give that up. Also, if the phone # that calls me is a stored contact, will the name associated with the phone # be visible? Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast