1.    #1  
    i am trying to remove the "alert icon" off my layout. i would like to either remove it, or resize it and move it up a little. here is a picture of what i'm talking about.

right now i am useing new york for a city. it it just a city that has an alert right now. last night my city was under an alert an it was in my way. i cant figure out where this is or how to change it.

attached is my custome .wpl file.

thanks, cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 12/01/2006 at 09:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i am trying to remove the "alert icon" off my layout. i would like to either remove it, or resize it and move it up a little. here is a picture of what i'm talking about.

right now i am useing new york for a city. it it just a city that has an alert right now. last night my city was under an alert an it was in my way. i cant figure out where this is or how to change it.

attached is my custome .wpl file.

thanks, cody
    Hey cody - are you sure the attached layout is the same one shown in the screenshot? When I loaded it, it looked a little different...

Nevertheless, the alert icon is not something you can control with the layout. WeatherPanel places this automatically with the current icon (which your attached layout doesn't have?) whenever there's an alert. The one shown on your screenshot is being picked up from the WeatherPanel default icon set, which is embedded in the WP program.

You can override the icon though, by placing your own Alert.png file into the icon directory. I've attached a "blank" alert icon to this post. Try placing it into your Icons/Default directory - it should get rid of it.

BTW - have you tried the animated icons yet - they're pretty sweet...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Hey cody - are you sure the attached layout is the same one shown in the screenshot? When I loaded it, it looked a little different...

i'm sorry, it was the wrong one. i edited the post above. the one that you saw (storyr) was on that i made that just removed that current icon all together.

Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post

BTW - have you tried the animated icons yet - they're pretty sweet...

yes, that was with some animated icons. i have been using this app for about a year. i was one of the first ones that posted it here. that was before you and the rest of TC started making all the skins and stuff.

the alert.png worked great.

thanks, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 12/02/2006 at 07:33 AM.