Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well there are versions designed for indoor use. I've never tried one so I don't know which to suggest. I think they only work well in the room where the repeater is doing its thing so if you are looking for something to improve the signal in your entire house I don't think there is anything that's going to help unless your house is like a studio apartment.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Well there are versions designed for indoor use. I've never tried one so I don't know which to suggest. I think they only work well in the room where the repeater is doing its thing so if you are looking for something to improve the signal in your entire house I don't think there is anything that's going to help unless your house is like a studio apartment.
    what about like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-DA-4000S...QQcmdZViewItem
    I'd shop around. I'm sure you can find a better price for that. It would be nice if someone posted there results with indoor repeaters and could make a suggestion. Otherwise you will be the guinea pig.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'd shop around. I'm sure you can find a better price for that. It would be nice if someone posted there results with indoor repeaters and could make a suggestion. Otherwise you will be the guinea pig.
    I started a new thread, so not to Hijack this one (sorry), since its not really on topic of the OP.. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...76#post1161976
    There are only a few "must-have's" IMO, the others are tweaks that not everyone wants. Some of mine are:

alarmclock
    tomtom navigator 5
    IM+ (I only IM, and bought this program a long time ago, and have 0 issues with it)
    Live Search
    MagicSS (screenshot capture)
    MemMaid
    pdanet
    Pocket Quicken (with 2007 on my PC)
    Resco File Explorer/Registry
    SlingPlayer
    Soft reset app
    tweaks2k2 (although I haven't used it in a long time.
    Threaded app (included w/my 750)
    TodayAgenda (love this app)

I use the date/time hack from hannip
    logmein

Thats about all I have now. ORB should also be mentioned although it is not software.
    Yes. It makes a good conversation piece too. "What's that?". I try to explain it to them, then tell them to check the signal on their cell phones while I turn it on. "Wow my bars just went from 2 to 4!".
    im on the road ALOT and i was considering getting a sling, plus i have sirius
    running on it alot but i tend to drop connection from time to time. im assuming
    this helps with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamie View Post
    im on the road ALOT and i was considering getting a sling, plus i have sirius
    running on it alot but i tend to drop connection from time to time. im assuming
    this helps with this?
    It helps if there is a signal. If there are spots with no signal at all then an amplified signal will still drop at times. 0 x 2 = 0. If you can pick up even a very weak signal then it helps tons. Just having the antenna outside of your car helps a lot too.
    can anybody tell me how to sign in for Orb in the treo700wx.
    I do not see a place for it?
    Thanks>
    Go to my.orb.com
    thanks
    It helps if there is a signal. If there are spots with no signal at all then an amplified signal will still drop at times. 0 x 2 = 0. If you can pick up even a very weak signal then it helps tons. Just having the antenna outside of your car helps a lot too.

antenna outside huh, gonna search around for something like that. try the
    least expensive first lol
    Must haves IMO should be also Free.

The Free stuff I have on my Treos are:

SoftReset

Oxios Hibernate

Sprite Backup

Magic Button

ClearTemp

TCPMP

Live Search

My favorate is the Sling Mobile, but I actually paid for the box and 2 softwares.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Hello yall. I read about 5 different forums on the treo and I was hoping to get some feedback as to what people have on their treo 700w/wx in the way of making their treo more productive, faster and more memory efficient. Also what are the must haves for accessries.

My Phone 700w with about 13.1 megs of memory on soft reset.

Programs Must Haves
    These are what I personally have on my phone I Consider them essentils for
    me.

Spb Pocket Plus
    Agile Messenger
    Keylight Utility
    Sms Messeging v.4 (I think)
    Mem Maid
    Sprite Backup
    Resco File Explorer
    Resco Registry
    Resco Photo Viewer with Screen Capture
    Reensoft Pie Plus
    Macromedia Flash Player
    Microsoft .net CF 2.0
    Sling Player
    Yahoo go
    Microsoft Live
    Monopoly

I also have a ton of reg hack that I did from reading these forums.
    I'm also very interseted in what some of the pros in here have on their phone such as hannip, little pat and maltesta.
    How did you get Yahoo Go! on your phone? It is currently unsupported on the 700wx.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    How did you get Yahoo Go! on your phone? It is currently unsupported on the 700wx.

I have the 700w as stated at the top I did not know yahoo go was not supported on the 700wx. Even though I have it I like msn live better. Yahoo go makes it alot easier to check my yahoo email and thats the only reason i use it now.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I have the 700w as stated at the top I did not know yahoo go was not supported on the 700wx. Even though I have it I like msn live better. Yahoo go makes it alot easier to check my yahoo email and thats the only reason i use it now.
    The 700w does not show up as a supported device either, which makes sense as both the w and wx are essentially the same device.

So, I am rather curious how you got Yahoo Go! installed on your device.
    Where is the link to the Flashplayer?
  17.    #37  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=yahoo

Hey here's a yahoo go forum link, I think all of us people who got yahoo go were guinea pigs for this. I'm actually suprised that yahoo does not support this phone any more.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=yahoo

Hey here's a yahoo go forum link, I think all of us people who got yahoo go were guinea pigs for this. I'm actually suprised that yahoo does not support this phone any more.
    Yes, quite interesting they dropped support for the phone. From the looks of it, though, it seems I am not missing too much. wap.oa.yahoo.com is a great site.
  19.    #39  
    yeah your not missing much i only use it to check email since its quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Where is the link to the Flashplayer?
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ds/player.html
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast