1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Anyone using iMov Messenger & what are your impressions? Is it a good enough replacement for Verichat?
    hey ... yup i just installed iMov yesterday after my agile trial ended.. i was looking for a freeware AIM client and this is what i found.. and it works like a charm... its a little different from agile, IM+, veri, etc... but its freeware.. and its pretty good as freeware.. i dont like verichat on the windows OS.. verichat works better on the palm OS .. so in my opinion i would pick iMov over verichat... try it out.. im pretty sure ull like it
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    Maybe it's the way I have imov set up but when it is in the background and a new message comes in, I get a sound but no notification. When I go in, the new message is there. Does anyone else notice this or is it something I have done?
    i get the pop up and the noise.. the noise is that annoying ring when a new message comes and a swoosh sound if someone signs it.. u can change it at the settings.. just check the boxes... but if thats not the cast im not sure..
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    is there anyway to get imov to hide your offline contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by biggggant View Post
    is there anyway to get imov to hide your offline contacts?
    only in the Enterprise Edition (pay version)

http://www.movsoftware.com/products/imov/enterprise.htm

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    It should be said that this is NOT for the Palm/Access OS, just WinMob.

Verichat and a bunch of other programs that they had are apparently being dumped by their new Nokia overlords: http://www.verichat.com/

Perhaps Nokia couldn't stand the heat of competition and figured it was easier to buy it and kill it off ala GM/Firestone/Standard Oil's "investment" in transit systems? http://www.trainweb.org/mts/ctc/ctc06.html
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    It should be said that this is NOT for the Palm/Access OS, just WinMob.
    Why should that "be said" as we are in the 700w/wx ergo WinMob forum?

I think you made a wrong turn in the board, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to change the incoming & outgoing messaging tones? The default tones are extremely annoying.
    How good is the 5-way support on this app, and how does it compare with AIM UK (hacked). I'd think since this is still under development, it would be a better product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obzoleet View Post
    hey ... yup i just installed iMov yesterday after my agile trial ended.. i was looking for a freeware AIM client and this is what i found.. and it works like a charm... its a little different from agile, IM+, veri, etc... but its freeware.. and its pretty good as freeware.. i dont like verichat on the windows OS.. verichat works better on the palm OS .. so in my opinion i would pick iMov over verichat... try it out.. im pretty sure ull like it
    I've been trying to find a replacement for my agile messenger as well. My problem with iMov is that it appears to disconnect when a call comes in (If anybody knows if IM+ disconnects when a call comes in I would like to know). I went to the agile site and noticed that they have a beta for smartphone that now works on my Treo 700w (no beta for PPC) and I'm hoping that it won't expire anytime soon so that I have more time to look at other options for instant messaging. The only difference in this smartphone beta seems to be the lack of the Today plug-in which I really liked. I'll consider paying for agile if it is reasonable, but it sounds like they are asking for too much. I am definitely looking at other options.

http://www.agilemobile.com/downloads.html
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    imov disconnects when a call comes in b/c you have a data connection active when making/receiving a phone call.

I'm using imov and have found a few registry tweaks I mention here that make it a little better but it still has it's problems.

It's free and it works for what I want. My biggest complaint is that no matter what options I give it, it still alerts me whenever a user signs on/off.

If anyone knows a way to fix this I'm all ears.