Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having major memory issues using WL with a 700w? If i brouse a map for more than a few minutes moving from different places on the map, the program and the entire palm freezes up. Much like when brousing large web pages.

Probably a memory issue w the W but I hope MS can fix this for us sorry W users :-(
    I am having serious memory issues as well.

Treo 700wx for verizon, where are you?
    Yes. It freezes after a while ( i was using GPS with satellite and traffice overlay) and you have to soft reset. What a joke. Not very cool while you are driving. I would say only launch this app after a fresh soft reset to guarantee that there will be enough memory left over and occasionaly hit the side button that you may have mapped to Oxios to keep freeing up small amounts of ram.
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    Is anyone else having major memory issues using WL with a 700w? If i brouse a map for more than a few minutes moving from different places on the map, the program and the entire palm freezes up. Much like when brousing large web pages.

Probably a memory issue w the W but I hope MS can fix this for us sorry W users :-(
    I'm having no trouble at all running this on my Treo 700w. Maybe you have a lot of other programs opened or today plugins enabled.
    It doesn't appear that GPS tracking works with this windows live. I turned on GPS tracking and drove around and the map didn't move at all. I was running my other GPS navigation software at the same time though. Is that going to matter?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Hey everyone just read on another forum that a new version is out! Time to test it out...

http://wls.live.com/
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Excellent! It now has contact integration! Aside from the better traffic info in the DC area that Google offers, I'll be using this most of the time. The contact integration is much cleaner and has more options.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Hey everyone just read on another forum that a new version is out! Time to test it out...

http://wls.live.com/
    What does the new version provide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    What does the new version provide?
    seamless contact integration...way better than google's
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Minor note but they changed the "name" to Live Search..before it was named Search(1) because there already was a "Search" app for the device
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    How do you send a SMS (Text Message) with this new verison?
    Would my carrier (Sprint) charge me for the Text messaging?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    How do you send a SMS (Text Message) with this new verison?
    Would my carrier (Sprint) charge me for the Text messaging?
    Sending the SMS is an option when looking at the detail of a listing. It will count toward your SMS allowance, or charge you as a casual text.
    I have loaded Live Search onto my Treo 700wx. At first it worked well. Then things went wrong and I couldn't open it. I removed and reinstalled onto storage card. Couldn't open. Removed and reinstalled onto device. Opens with error message that an error has occured and the application needs to close. What do I need to get this software working. I have agenda fusion, /spb mobile shell and diary on the 700wx. Is something blocking it?
    Putting it on a card is not going to help anything.

Try reinstalling it to main memory via the wls.live.com download link. If that doesnt work you can try to use a tool like sktools to do a deep uninstall, the reinstall. From there, it is hard reset.

The application is rock solid, so something is amiss locally on your device.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Robber,

It worked. I can get in but the GPS doesn't connect. It states "Waiting for GPS..." Is this a setting issue? It comes back and says to Make sure you have a clear view of the sky. Guess it doesn't work in a car.
    The 700 series does not have an integrated GPS chip.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234