Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What do you mean it doesn't do turn by turn? Mine does. Just ask for directions to a place and it gives the turn instructions as they come up. Overall, the NAV functions lag slightly compared to TomTom but I think the POI database is better overall and will be updated continuously I suspect. I think I will use it as a compliment to not a replacement forTomTom Navigator.
    Tonight my Live client has been having major issues (it's not the device cuz I can browse and do other things with no problems). The app can't seem to recognize the data connection, or it just searches and searches, and ends up giving up (can't find 'pizza' near Dallas? - c'mon!).

Just wondered if anyone was having issues specifically with the Live client this evening (Monday evening). I deleted and reinstalled, but still the same stuff. Making me most unhappy...
    I'm getting the same thing searching for pizza in D.C. If I search for Hotels it comes up with a list right away. Ah, searching for "food pizza" works.

hmm, searching for pizza works now too. Could've been a temporary outtage.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/04/2006 at 11:49 PM.
    perhaps I'm not seeing something here, but I can't seem to just search for an address and have that pushpinned. I can search for businesses near the address but sometimes, I just need the address so I can look at the intersection.

what am I missing?
    Last edited by g-funkster; 12/05/2006 at 06:55 PM.
    anyone noticed that when installing this application, it replaces the built in "Search" utility application in the device. Is it just me, or this is happening to all of us, just that we didn't notice it?
    Mine doesn't replace the built in search, however wls shows as search(1)
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    I just renamed the shortcut search(1)in the Start Menu to Live Search.
    Jeff
    So it does replace the search application then. Try using the search application, you wont be able.

I just renamed the shortcut search(1)in the Start Menu to Live Search.
    So it did in fact replace the application then.

Anyone else having the same problem. Seems like it's a bug.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertoum View Post
    So it does replace the search application then. Try using the search application, you wont be able.

So it did in fact replace the application then.

Anyone else having the same problem. Seems like it's a bug.
    Nope, it did not replace the search application on my 8525. The renamed Live Search launches the Windows Live program and the old Search launches the built in search program.
    Jeff
    [QUOTENope, it did not replace the search application on my 8525. The renamed Live Search launches the Windows Live program and the old Search launches the built in search program.][/QUOTE]

I didn't notice you were not refering to the 700wx. Any other 700wx users having the same problem? I'm pretty sure it's bug, as I un-installed the WLS three times now with the exact same result.
    I can still use the original search feature on my 700wx as well as the wls.
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    I can still use the original search feature on my 700wx as well as the wls.
    Do you have a separate icon for the WLS? Is it under "Programs"? Or do you access WLS through "Search"?

I cannot seem to use the search function anymore after the WLS installation
    Yes I have a separate icon for the WLS, yes its under programs, no I do not access search through WLS.
    I left a feedback on the forum with some question & they have responded several times. I feel they are really resposive & want to put out a good product. I even gave them the link to this forum. The guy that answers me is Steve & he identified the Map representative as Matt. Feel free to post on there feedback. Hopefully Steve is also checking this one too.

Wille
    So is anyone experiencing the same problems I am?
    Is anyone else getting Dallas, TX Traffic on their Search Live?
    Mine doesn't list Dallas as a supported traffic city. And Oklahoma City is? Weird. I've lived there, Dallas needs the traffic feature much more
    I was getting that "check your connection" type message last night after a hard reset and restore...

Plus, I tried doing GPS with it, and it turned my whole map blue. Anyone seen that behavior before? It seemed to connect ok, but never actually started tracking the movement of the car, and then the map went blue. Not frozen, but blue. Weird.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I was getting that "check your connection" type message last night after a hard reset and restore...

Plus, I tried doing GPS with it, and it turned my whole map blue. Anyone seen that behavior before? It seemed to connect ok, but never actually started tracking the movement of the car, and then the map went blue. Not frozen, but blue. Weird.
    the blue mobile screen of death?
    Nah, nothing that bad, although lol...

The rest of the phone still works fine. But being that it did come from MS, it would be pretty funny if it did BSOD the phone. I mean, not FUNNY, but you know.
    END OF LINE
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast