Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Is there ANY way to have the mail program on the 700wx, WINMO device, when using POP3 access, LEAVE the mail on the server, once I download it to the palm device? I like to download, and be able to review, but then I also NEED to be able to keep it all there on the server, so when I am back at the home office, I can have it all download to my desktop for keeping and tracking?

Any way to do this?
    on my 700w my mail POP3 mail always stays on the server. when i get home from work i use my mail client (Eudora) on my PC and it brings down the mail from the day. Not sure why yours does the opposite.

one thing i noticed was that in the past, if i deleted an e-mail from my Palm and did another send/receive it would then delete it from the server. But at some point this stopped happening. No matter what I do now, the mail is always still on the server.
    My pop3 mail stays on the server, whether I delete it from my Treo or not. I miss my Chatter on the 650 whereby any email I deleted on the Treo was also removed from the server so I don't have to delete everything again on the home computer. Is there an option for this on the 700wx that perhaps I have missed?
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I wish there was just a center place with information like this. For example, if I delete it on the treo, it does kill it when it resyncs, which isn't really what I want.

the gmail, is just whacked. My gmail, it just dissappears from the treo completly.

I think it has something to do with threading.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    IIRC the native pop3 client on the w/wx does automatically leave it on the server. I have not seen any settings in there that give you a choice in the matter.

Either its an issue with the way the server is configured, or its a sprint thing (wx). Verizon 700w leaves it on the server.