Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have a little situation here... the 3.5mm adapter that I bought from Radio Shack broke inside of my Treo 700w. Now I have a piece of it stuck inside the 2.5mm jack, and no way to remove it. What should I do?!?!?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Is it too far in for tweezers?

This is a little more dangerous. How about a drop of super glue on it and then put something else on it? Maybe a nail.
    Maybe a fairly strong magnet would work. However, I know magnets can cause damage around hard drives (erasing). If you try this, be careful not to wave it around other parts of your Treo as I'm not sure if its memory would be affected.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Maybe you could send in a gerbil after it?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Yea too far for tweezers. I tried sticking a very thin needle in there but it didn't fit, and I don't want to damage anything.

I thought about the superglue idea too, but again was afraid it might spill inside somewhere. Though it sounds like the best idea so far.
    Bring it to a jeweler who does on site watch repairs. They have the sort of tools needed. Worth a try.
    what about hitting the bottom of the phone against your hand. Could the force make the piece slide out enough to grab it with tweezers?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    what about hitting the bottom of the phone against your hand. Could the force make the piece slide out enough to grab it with tweezers?
    Or in deeper.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suhnder View Post
    Yea too far for tweezers. I tried sticking a very thin needle in there but it didn't fit, and I don't want to damage anything.

I thought about the superglue idea too, but again was afraid it might spill inside somewhere. Though it sounds like the best idea so far.
    Put the drop on the pin and then slide it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Put the drop on the pin and then slide it in.
    How well does super glue work for metal on metal?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    How well does super glue work for metal on metal?
    I think good since it's not pourous. That's usually where I've had problems. Maybe you would be better off with a gel like this so it dosn't run.

http://superglue.supergluecorp.com/15101.html

Greg