1.    #1  
    Guys,

I am experiencing a problem where I click an MP3 in Explorer, and nothing happens. Windows Media does not start, viewing processes does not show it, nothing...

700W, with the update.

HELP!

Thanks in advance,
    Skip
    Sounds like you accidentally changed the file associations for MP3s or some app you recently installed took over MP3 files. Not sure if there are any freewares but SKTools has a file association function so you can change it back to open with WMP.
    Have you tried a Soft Reset? If that doesn't work, just back up ur stuff and Hard Reset.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. The association is still to WMP. I can't even open WMP by itself! I'm going to de-install logokiller and datetime to see if that helps.
  5.    #5  
    All,

This was a pretty complex problem, with a very simple solution.

The root cause was a broken SD card. The card broke and made itself read-only. I had directed all my temporary files to the card, this WMP could not create its swap-file to play a MP3! New SD card, and all is well!

Thanks!

Skip
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster View Post
    I had directed all my temporary files to the card,
    Sounds like this is what "broke" your card. You can probably re-format it and it will be fine.
  7.    #7  
    Unfortunately the card is falling apart due to a mishap in one of my card readers.

Alas, it is dead...