Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well that includes sent/received messages so its on average 250 messages from me and 250 received.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Well, our processors automatically auto-scale and in fact, XCPU and PHM try but usually fail to override this with their own auto-scale features. This was the big issue with the 6700 and why PHM/XCPU used more battery life and never saved any (in fact, that is still the case with the 700wx).

So I don't think this affects the scaling of the processor which is CPU intensity dependent but rather something else.
    So you are saying that XCPUScalar/PHM autoscaling do not add any value of increased battery life, since the 700w/wx already autoscale. How about increased preformance on the top end of the autoscale, when it scales to 416 or 512 Mhz? Do you think there is any value at all in these overclocking programs? Also, I assume that the 700w and 700wx are identical for this purpose.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    geez, considering u leave ur phone on for 10 hours you would either send or get AT LEAST 1 txt message almost every single minute!

that nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    So you are saying that XCPUScalar/PHM autoscaling do not add any value of increased battery life, since the 700w/wx already autoscale. How about increased preformance on the top end of the autoscale, when it scales to 416 or 512 Mhz? Do you think there is any value at all in these overclocking programs? Also, I assume that the 700w and 700wx are identical for this purpose.
    any value is just from getting higher speeds. most people seem to have better results with just running at a constant speed e.g. disabling the 3rd part auto-scaling and keeping it a just 412mhz.

I use it once in awhile for running Skype or intensive programs that can benefit from the extra CPU power but I certainly do not use them in any attempt to save or conserve battery life as usually just the opposite occurs.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I overclock at 520Mhz via PocketHackMaster to speed up the browser. It makes a noticable improvement. For example using PIEPlus in fullscreen mode if you hold the dpad down to scroll pages the screen can't keep up with the dpad repeat speed. With it overclocked it keeps up just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I overclock at 520Mhz via PocketHackMaster to speed up the browser. It makes a noticable improvement. For example using PIEPlus in fullscreen mode if you hold the dpad down to scroll pages the screen can't keep up with the dpad repeat speed. With it overclocked it keeps up just fine.
    That doesn't show any ill effect? You're not killing the processor?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12