1.    #1  
    Maybe some one can explain a few things to me about skype. Now i know that its free if your calling from skype that is installed on your computer to another computer with skype. I also know that if you want to call landline from your computer skype you need to by credits. No the question is...

I installed skype on my phone. If i use skype to call some one who has skype eather on their phone or on the computer is it free? And if i use skype that is on my phone and call any other land line is it going to be also free?
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    Maybe some one can explain a few things to me about skype. Now i know that its free if your calling from skype that is installed on your computer to another computer with skype. I also know that if you want to call landline from your computer skype you need to by credits. No the question is...

I installed skype on my phone. If i use skype to call some one who has skype eather on their phone or on the computer is it free? And if i use skype that is on my phone and call any other land line is it going to be also free?
    If your call is completed to an IP address, then it is not metered. If it is completed to a phone (PSTN) number, it is metered.

Skype maintains (application) gateways to the PSTN. If you pass through the gateway, you will be metered and charged.

No calls are "free." Somehow or another, you are paying for Internet access. The Internet does not care about your application. Said another way, a packet is a packet is a packet.
  3.    #3  
    yeah thats what i thought. so i guess i'll be calling only IP's.