1.    #1  
    i have the 750V and the Blackjack. Both are 3G enabled and I live in south Florida which has the 3G capability.
    The last week or so both phones have been HORRIBLE on the 3G network to say the least. I have all the "bars" and the calls get dropped constantly, the voice is horrible people on the other end cant hear me, etc etc with both phones.
    Well I switched the 750V over to GSM only in the settings and my phone quality is 100 times better! the delay is gone, every call goes through, people can hear me etc.

Okay I will answer your questiuon before you ask... YES I had the 'U" or 3G at the top of the screen indicating 3g service.

I called Cingular, i told them ever since I got these 3G phones the phone quality is lhorrible I literally cannot use the phone it WILL drop the call.

any others out there??
    Sorry but no. Voice quality is clearly better on UMTS for me. I haven't had any dropped calls on either UMTS or GSM. I do see it "lose signal" (blinking red light) sometimes when it switches between UMTS and GSM. I'm near Portland, Oregon.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have a blackjack and I am also in FL....Sound is GREAT and no drop calls on my end.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    since when is the 750 ready to use 3G?!
    What's your measured speed?
    I haven't used myh 750 in 10 days (by the way, e-mail me if you might want to buy it)......
    If I remember right I had the U but definitely NOT 3G speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    i have the 750V ?

Where did you get the phone? I want one.....they say they aren't available here in Daytona yet.....
    i have the 750V and the Blackjack. Both are 3G enabled and I live in south Florida which has the 3G capability.
    The last week or so both phones have been HORRIBLE on the 3G network to say the least. I have all the "bars" and the calls get dropped constantly, the voice is horrible people on the other end cant hear me, etc etc with both phones.
    Well I switched the 750V over to GSM only in the settings and my phone quality is 100 times better! the delay is gone, every call goes through, people can hear me etc.

Okay I will answer your questiuon before you ask... YES I had the 'U" or 3G at the top of the screen indicating 3g service.

I called Cingular, i told them ever since I got these 3G phones the phone quality is lhorrible I literally cannot use the phone it WILL drop the call.

any others out there??
    Have the Blackjack and no issues...unless I am talking to a person on Nextel...
    I am a real estate wholesaler, let me know how I can help you!!!
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!!
    Woody Properties, LLC
    Huh? The 750v has UMTS which is 3G. It doesn't have HSDPA yet though. I can regularly get 300kbits/sec when on UMTS. Not as fast as EVDO or HSDPA but much faster than EDGE.

Quote Originally Posted by rockky View Post
    since when is the 750 ready to use 3G?!
    What's your measured speed?
    I haven't used myh 750 in 10 days (by the way, e-mail me if you might want to buy it)......
    If I remember right I had the U but definitely NOT 3G speeds.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8.    #8  
    maybe it is the fort lauderdale downtown area, but my 3G is not good here, all the bars, etc but the dropped call rate is ridiculous
  9.    #9  
    when i got the 750V i put in the existing SIM card the 64K version, when i went to Cingular several days later I opted to get the3G SIM card, i swapped the SIM cards out and I had problems since. This morning I hard reset my device, and ther phone is working much much better its very clear Seems the SIM 3G card swap required a hard reset.
    I swapped in a 3G card this morning without a hard reset. I haven't had any problems yet. I did have to set up my voicemail box again, which seemed odd.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
  11.    #11  
    i would do a hard reset with the new 3G SIM FYI
    I have an 8525 and I haven't had issues with 3G<-->GSM handoffs.
    what you're experiencing and some out here in the LA market is experiencing is that the network is probably still being optimized. that's why you're getting bad sound quality they're just fine tuning things.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    i would do a hard reset with the new 3G SIM FYI

What problems did you have that were solved by the hard reset? I haven't had any problems since I installed mine, and I usually go with a, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'm testing a Blackjack on the Cingular 3G network, and the calls have been loud and clear. The web is MUCH faster on this network that on my current 700p with Sprint Power Vision.