Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well if you really really really want to buy a 750v, PM me. I ended up with 3 (long story) so I've got a 750v on ebay. It's like new and you would save some money compared to buying it from an importer. Not trying to sell, but if you can't wait (and I would recommend that you do) it would save you a little.

Quote Originally Posted by simplephone View Post
    I just spent my self imposed lunch break at Cingular (for those in La...they appear to have several 680's in stock @ Western and Wilshire). I spent an hour futzing with the 680 in the store and just didn't feel all that new to me. Beyond REALLY liking the new keys and the form factor change. The phone interface feels a bit too "cell phone" like and ...It just felt like a completely lateral move from the 650...The question is can I wait for Cingular to release the 750. I'm thinking, not a chance.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    A quick question for all.
    I am also patiently waiting on the 750.
    I will be transitioning from the 600 (600 for data + Razr for phone-Cingular)
    I picked up the Samsung Blackjack.
    Knowing I had 30 days I thought I'd try it out. I love the form factor, though the keys are a little close for my liking. It seems to be a great quality phone also.
    I also knew that either way (750 or BJ) I was destined to leave the Palm OS.
    What I was unaware of was the difference between WM5 Smart phone and WM PC.
    I am totaly hating the functionality of WM5 on this device. Everything that I did such as find, or search with first letter of 1st name and 1st letter of last, even the calendar are all pretty pathetic. Not to mention cut and paste!

My question is since the 750 is also Windows based is there still a "palm" functionality to it since it is a Palm device? Or will it be pretty close to what I am experiencing on the BlackJack.

(I used Palm desktop all these years resisting Outlook. Now that I new I was destined to go Windows I finally synced with Outlook. Still trying to get used to that also)

Thanks
    Take a look here: http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/...v/details.html . You can see some of the things Palm has added that different. Note also that the Blackup uses WM5 smartphone, while the 750v uses WM5 PocketPC. There are significant differences between those.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Thanks bcaslis!
    Do you know anything about BB connect for the 750?
    I just learned today that as of 7/07 my company will no longer support Goodlink.
    They are suggesting a Blackberry at this point, something I will not willingly accept!!!
    I don't have any experience with it, but check out this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124597 .
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Thanks,
    I saw this already.
    I was hoping there was something more concrete.
    Our IT guys are not that savy and if I let on it's from Germany I could open a can of worms
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Also, did anyone tried Shieldzone fullbody Invisible shield? Is it grippy?
    Thanks in advance.
    Does the IS stick to the 750's rubber paint?
    I have a few brand new sealed cingular branded 750s for 450 each. PM me for details they are going VERY fast.

Will
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    I have a few brand new sealed cingular branded 750s for 450 each. PM me for details they are going VERY fast.

Will
    Why so cheap?
    Palm Treo 750v
    Running on Three Australia
    1GB miniSD - Bluetooth GPS - Nokia CK-1W Car-Kit
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12