1.    #1  
    Ok ive done a search but still undecided and i would like some more input.....i use iGuidance Navagation software and i am looking at purchasing a Bluetooth gps receiver to just throw on the dash so i dont have wires and hardware.....what revievers do you all use?....what did you pay?....where is the best place to find?........i want something small but mainly i need it to start up and grab signals fast......in my pda which i use at the moment, using MS streets and my compactflash gps adapter the searching takes a good amount of time..and takes even longer when in motion.....some say theirs only take about 30seconds.....id really like that......thanks for the help guys!!! !
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    Ok ive done a search but still undecided and i would like some more input.....i use iGuidance Navagation software and i am looking at purchasing a Bluetooth gps receiver to just throw on the dash so i dont have wires and hardware.....what revievers do you all use?....what did you pay?....where is the best place to find?........i want something small but mainly i need it to start up and grab signals fast......in my pda which i use at the moment, using MS streets and my compactflash gps adapter the searching takes a good amount of time..and takes even longer when in motion.....some say theirs only take about 30seconds.....id really like that......thanks for the help guys!!! !
    I have an iTrek and a Holux 236. The Holux, is BT, smaller than a deck of cards, ships in hours, has a good price, excellent battery life, and excellent satelite acquisition. I use it with TomTom 5 on a 650. Have used it with Mapopolis on a 600. I have no problems or reservations.
    This past Spring I bought the RBT-2010 from Seidio. http://www.seidio.com/gps_receiver.htm Its essentially the RoyalTek GPS receiver with a Seidio extended life battery in it. I think I paid about $117-ish or so. Its about the size of a golf ball, and it has the latest SiRF Star III chipset in it which (from all I read) acquires a sat fix as fast as anything else.

Its great - I highly recommend it. Plus, you can stick in the glove box (I keep it in the console between the seats) and it reads the satellites with no problem - not like older receivers which had to practically have an unobstructed view of the sky.

The one knock on it is that you have to switch Off the power switch when you don't use it. In other words, if you turn off bluetooth on your device, the GPS receiver will Not automatically power off (within 10 minutes) when the bluetooth connection is broken. This is an issue for some people, but it isn't for me. For Me - this works great.

GPSPassion.com has a ton of information on it too.

(For the record, I use CoPilot 6.0 as my mapping software. 2 advantages - it has a PC component so you can plan trips on your desktop, and the map of the entire US fits on less than 1 Gig of my SD card).

Hope this helps!
    JWB
    I'm also using iGuidance 3.0 on my 700w (with the new patch that fixed the slow voice prompt issues!). I purchased it from Semsons as a package with the Globalsat BT-359. The BT-359 is bluetooth, the battery lasts a long, long time, it connects quickly (less than 30 secs.) and will automatically shut itself off after 10 minutes of inactivity after I shut off iGuidance on the treo. All in all I am very happy with the receiver and would highly recommend it. Hope this helps.

Russ
    I use iGuidance paired with an iTrek M5. The battery is one of the longest lasting on the market has a sleep feature (When no BT signal, it sleeps and automatically wakes when the BT signal is received) and the unit works great!!! I can get a 3D lock on Stas from my basement! THe best thing... It's tiny!

http://www.semsons.com/im5blgpsrewa.html