Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Do you want to have the numbers the same? I have MaxReq at 25 and MaxConnects at 10. Any thoughts?
    As long as we are talking about a better internet experience, it's not a hack but I think it's also worth mentioning:

http://www.reensoft.com/PIEPlus/

I feel it's well worth the $15

Also, within PIE+ you have the ability to switch back and forth between IE6.0
    and the default Mozilla/4.0.

With IE6.0 I can access my Wells Fargo account.

(Hobbs posted a reg edit for this but PIE+ automates the option)
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 12/08/2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added info about WF
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    As long as we are talking about a better internet experience, it's not a hack but I think it's also worth mentioning:

http://www.reensoft.com/PIEPlus/

I feel it's well worth the $15
    x2
    I have a question, probably most likely Mal can answer, but it's up for grabs, obviously. I've applied these tweaks, to great satisfaction on my phone. I set the MaxConnectionsPerServer value at 25, as suggested earlier in the thread, and checked the registry just now to see that the value is held there.

But if I look in SKTools in the "Tune Up" panel, under PIE, it has a tab for Max connections per server... and the value is 4, with a (1/8) underneath it when I select it.

So does anyone have SKTools and the hacks applied so they can check this disparity? I haven't had a ton of time to play with SKTools since I got it, but I know I set the registry keys correctly, and PIE is FAST.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, what values for those keys did everyone end up using? Is everyone doing 25 or have other people used different (and possibly even better values)?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I have a question, probably most likely Mal can answer, but it's up for grabs, obviously. I've applied these tweaks, to great satisfaction on my phone. I set the MaxConnectionsPerServer value at 25, as suggested earlier in the thread, and checked the registry just now to see that the value is held there.

But if I look in SKTools in the "Tune Up" panel, under PIE, it has a tab for Max connections per server... and the value is 4, with a (1/8) underneath it when I select it.

So does anyone have SKTools and the hacks applied so they can check this disparity? I haven't had a ton of time to play with SKTools since I got it, but I know I set the registry keys correctly, and PIE is FAST.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, what values for those keys did everyone end up using? Is everyone doing 25 or have other people used different (and possibly even better values)?
    You know, I checked my SK tools. I have 20 in my registry, but SK tools has 2. What is interesting is that presumably the SK Tools value was there under the lastest version 3.0.75 even though we actually had to create to reg value on the Treo 700. Hmmm...
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I can verify that it also shows 4 for me and I have it set to 10 in the registry. I wonder what SKTools is looking at.
    Please Add this to the sticky at the top.

I don't know how many times now I've had to search for this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Please Add this to the sticky at the top.

I don't know how many times now I've had to search for this thread.
    No Bookmarks or Favorites folder on your machine?
    "Change DNS Servers for Web browsing (greatly speeds up browsing)"

It does make my phone faster! Awesome! Thanks! =)
    Anyone else experiencing slow down on these servers?
    DNS: 208.67.222.222
    Alt DNA: 208.67.220.220

(alternatives)
    DNS: 4.2.2.1
    Alt DNA: 4.2.2.2

Sprint's Server seems to be faster now. Any other DNS I can try out? thanks
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    There's a problem with the DNS hack..
    When I do soft reset, all the dns setting reverts to its original setting. I even tried modifying the registry, but no avail..

Any thought on this??
    You need to convert your registry to "File-Based". A popular utility Tweaks2k2 can do this easily. All changes you make to the registry (good and bad) will be retained after a reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    Anyone else experiencing slow down on these servers?
    DNS: 208.67.222.222
    Alt DNA: 208.67.220.220

(alternatives)
    DNS: 4.2.2.1
    Alt DNA: 4.2.2.2

Sprint's Server seems to be faster now. Any other DNS I can try out? thanks

Sprint sucks
    maxconnectionsperserver is also located at windows/currentversion/internetsettings/maxconnectionsperserver
    so you can change it there instead of worrying about confliction problems later
    I did the DNS hack in the registry and it was noticeably faster. However, after a soft reset the settings revert back to their old values. I'm using a Verizon 700wx. Anyone else experience this?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    same here.. I've tried modifying the registry, converting it to a file whatever..

Nothing works..
    Yea, and doing it through the Windows Connetion interface doesn't stick either. It really stinks because it does speed up the browser.
    These sound great from all the feedback I have seen in this thread, but I have never played around with any type of registry editing (aside from following the SMS guide exactly) Do I need a specific program to do these edits, and is there anything I should know before I break my phone?? Thanks!!!

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by xMattx View Post
    These sound great from all the feedback I have seen in this thread, but I have never played around with any type of registry editing (aside from following the SMS guide exactly) Do I need a specific program to do these edits, and is there anything I should know before I break my phone?? Thanks!!!

Matt
    PHM REGEDIT APP
    Drop cab file located in zip into your MY Documents folder then give screen tap to install.After installed App icon will be located in Programs menu.give it a tap to start using.
    If you dont want to break your Phone hmm the reg edit wont break it but it can make life hard if you dont back up the reg to a restore point.
    Enjoy
    Phil C
    Attached Files Attached Files
    After a little googling, the DNS settings are saved in the registry at HKLM\Comm\Cellular Line\Parms\TcpIp in a key calls "DNS". This is valid on my Sprint 700wx, but you should check to see if yours is in the same registry location. You could set something up to update the registry key on bootup to the DNS servers of your choice. Mortscript comes to mind...you may check in that forum to see if they could help you on that.
    from http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=dns.

Only problem is, this registry key doesn't exist on my phone, and when I tried creating it, it didn't work at all. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, and the DNS "key" shouldn't really be a key, but a string value? I tried creating it as a multi-line string value, and a single line string value with the DNS values, but it didn't work. I'm sure it's name sensitive, so...

Has anyone actually located the DNS key in the registry for the connection info on a VZW 700wx?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast