Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Is there a way to get #2 to work for Netfront 3.3?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Thanks mal, the pie hack is awesome! ( I already had done the DNS one before.)

Oh, and i just installed netfront 3.3. OMG i didnt know the browser was that good. I tried 3.2 when i had my t-mobile MDA and 6700 and it was so sluggish. Not here! Gotta love the wx, so fast it seems there is nothing that can slow it down
    Malatesta, would these reg tricks work on the Dash?

The great thing about Windows Mobile is the hacking that can be done to make it a lot better. Thanks for posting this.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Malatesta, would these reg tricks work on the Dash?

The great thing about Windows Mobile is the hacking that can be done to make it a lot better. Thanks for posting this.
    I'm pretty certain yes. I guess it just depends on how similar everything is but I'd imagine it'd work.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Malatesta,by creating HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxRequestThreads = 5 in the registry,will it automatically have the same effect on the netfront browser without any additional registry edits?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Malatesta,by creating HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/MaxRequestThreads = 5 in the registry,will it automatically have the same effect on the netfront browser without any additional registry edits?
    I have no idea. I assume not. Maybe there is something analogous under the Netfront Reg settings?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    very nice. never heard of #2. cant wait to try it
    Ok I'm a little behind here. I just tried hack 2 & 3 and wow!

Those two hacks in combination with overclocking really speeds up your browsing experience!

Thanks again Malatesta for posting these! We need a PIE performance tweaks sticky to put these in.

Edit: hmm, I did a backup and soft reset then PIE couldn't resolve any more websites. I had to go back to auto DNS. Anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by hannip; 12/02/2006 at 07:22 AM.
    Should I be able to view the new Dword within the registry? I cannot seem to find it within the folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschles View Post
    Should I be able to view the new Dword within the registry? I cannot seem to find it within the folder.
    You have to add them.
    I did not create a key, just added a new Dword. I have since added keys and then added the Dwords within the folders. How long do I wait before soft-resetting?

Also, does resco have a reset tool?
    Let me make sure did this right:

In Resco go to HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/ and create new key "MaxRequestThreads". Go into that folder and add new Dword with Name "MaxRequestThreads" and Dword Value if "25". Do the same for Max Connections. Wait 10 mins and soft reset.

Do I have enter any string value info or does that remain default?

Is that correct? Thanks again for your help.
    You did it wrong. You don't add keys, you just add dwords under the "Main" key. When adding a dword enter the name "MaxRequestThreads" and select Base of Dec and set DWORD Data to 25 or whatever value you want. I chose 10. I'm not sure a value as large as 25 helps or hurts. I think Malatesta just picked it out of thin air. Someone that has some spare time can test different values to see what performs the best.

Repeat for "MaxConnectionsPerServer".
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Why is it that when I changed the DNS number my Hotmail stopped working? It started working again when I set my DNS back to auto, what gives? can someone shed so light on this issue?
    The DNS change made significant difference in browsing for me. Two thumbs up!
    Mine did work well for the first few times, however the last couple days its refusing to connect to power vision. Never changed any of the settings in there other than the DNS servers.
    PPCGeeks has now made a CAB file that automatically makes the max thread registry changes for those that like it automated or are scared on how to make the needed changes.
    I just applied the DNS hack (I had gotten busy and forgotten to do it)... excellent. The Internet is so snappy now, it's amazing. I'm definitely going to try it on my router when I get home, too... I was looking at the OpenDNS site some more... very cool. Thanks again, Mal -
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

(3)
    Change DNS Servers for Web browsing (greatly speeds up browsing)
    This works great for desktops too; same servers as the OpenDNS project http://www.opendns.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Chr!s View Post
    This works great for desktops too; same servers as the OpenDNS project http://www.opendns.com/
    Oops...i replied after just reading the first post. Sorry!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast