1.    #1  
    When did the 700WX start coming with Voice Command in ROM? Mine has v1.5 pre-installed. It's in the "Personal" tab in the Settings in Start Menu.

Also, changing the volume using the 700WX's side volume buttons now change the volume on my bluetooth headset as well.

Has the 700WX always been able to do this? I just got this 700WX last week.
    What happened with the 830w?
    I've had it on my Treo 700wx since Labor Day when it began shipping.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yup, the 700wx always came with MSVC pre-installed. Got mine Sept 2.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Whoa! THanks for posting that! I didn't realize that was included and a coworker has been rubbing that in my face on his 8125. Time for PAYBACK!
    I hadn't realized it was there until about over a month ago.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    What is the 830w?
    It comes pre-installed, disabled by default, with no button assignment. Easily missed, not sure why they never configured it...
  9.    #9  
    Wow, I've had two other 700WXs in the past and never noticed that VC was in ROM. Never noticed the volume of my bluetooth headset changing when using the 700WX's volume buttons either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Had a nasty dead pixel in the screen so I asked Sprint to do an exchange for me under the 30 day exchange period, but they've since recalled all 830Ws for some reason. The 830W isn't even on their personal or business websites anymore.

They told me that they recalled all of them because of some problem (didn't tell me what the problem(s) were) and that they would be re-introduced in January.
    Most seem to believe it was a large corporate order that wiped out their inventory. If they recalled them, the people who bought them would have been notified. Plus I received one from them 2 weeks ago, so AI believe it as well. Find out in January I guess...
    Voice Command has been preinstalled on all 700w and wx's. I've been using it since Jan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    It comes pre-installed, disabled by default, with no button assignment. Easily missed, not sure why they never configured it...
    Probably because it was such a memory hog in the 700w.