1.    #1  
    We have about ten 700ws set up with OTA (ActiveSync) sync to Exchange 2003. Users are complaining that previous emails are disappearing. I have noticed this with the very first email in my inbox. Others are losing a bunch of emails.

Tried to delete the server source and re-sync. Same deal. Anybody seen this?
  2.    #2  
    I just replaced a phone that was experiencing the issue and still getting it with the new one. It definitely isn't the phone.

One thing I noticed is this particular user has a TON of contacts, calendar items, tasks, and emails. Since email syncs last do you think it could be a size limitation imposed? Help!
    ya gotta be more specific. When you say 'previous emails are disappearing', do you mean - from the handheld, or the server side, or what?

Do you mean that previously read and opened emails somehow magically disappear from the device? On their own? Need more info....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    ya gotta be more specific. When you say 'previous emails are disappearing', do you mean - from the handheld, or the server side, or what?

Do you mean that previously read and opened emails somehow magically disappear from the device? On their own? Need more info....
    Previously read and opened emails are disappearing from the handset. The emails still reside on Exchange. The phone is just not retaining older emails. I don't know when they are disappearing. My guess is during synchronization.

When we first sync'd the phones, it didn't pull the entire inbox for some of the handsets. We thought it strange but didn't worry because it held everything else. But now that we have been getting more time (and contacts/data/tasks) under our belt, this is becoming a bigger issue.

This all makes me think there is a size limitation in the phone or something like it. Are there any published limitations on the Windows Mobile 5.0 - Exchange 2003 relationship?
  5.    #5  
    I figured it out! You can already read about the problem above. Here's the solution:

Go to:

Start > Programs > ActiveSync > Menu > Options

Click the Email icon so it is highlighted (I didn't do this before. I always allowed the Exchange icon to stay highlighted)

Click Settings

It will say, "When synchronizing messages: Include the previous 3 days"

Click the drop down and select a longer time period. I selected "All" so that my entire inbox would sync. After I closed ActiveSync (uh...minimized), it syncs to the Exchange Server and adds in the old emails.

Be careful of "All", however. If you are a packrat, your handset memory will disappear. Fast. I suggest checking the available memory on your handset before you make any modification. Then change it to "1 week" and review available memory. Then change it to "2 weeks" and review available memory. I'm sure you get the idea...

Recommend this thread as a sticky!
    Thank you so much! Never thought to look inside activesync for this