Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I want to buy a cradle for my 700w and wanted to know if anyone has bought one and can give me feedback. Im looking at the "Mobi Products PowerCradle for Treo 700w". Thanks
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    That looks like a good cradle. Main thing I would suggest to somebody is make sure you don't have to power it by the USB cable. Since I do direct push, I usually don't need to connect it to my PC.

I have the Palm Cradle Kit and it does everything I need but is more than this one.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by jcramos View Post
    I want to buy a cradle for my 700w and wanted to know if anyone has bought one and can give me feedback. Im looking at the "Mobi Products PowerCradle for Treo 700w". Thanks
    I've bought Mobi cradles (have 3) one is the power cradle.

It's great, very nice. No issues.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I have the Seidio and not only does it look cool, it works great!
    i use the one from the sprint store. you can plug the power into it with out the data. i bought the sprint one cause thay will give me a 1 year replacement if connection starts messing up. which is something i read was a problem.

keep i maind if you have a skin or a case on your phone you may want an aftermarket that will work with skins and cases. seidio has some.
    I use the Palm cradle because it lets me charge a spare battery while charging either my 700p or 700wx. It's a bit overpriced, but you can find them cheap on ebay or maybe amazon.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I use the Palm cradle because it lets me charge a spare battery while charging either my 700p or 700wx. It's a bit overpriced, but you can find them cheap on ebay or maybe amazon.
    I have to go with Jimmie on this one. I use the Palm Cradle Kit and the fact that I can charge a second battery is one of the best features. Works great for me.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I like the Seidio because it allows me to keep my Sena skin on while in the cradle. (I also purchased the optional AC adapter, too.)
    (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=408)
    I also use the Palm cradle at home when I want to charge a second battery and when my Treo is "naked."
    Anyone here try OrionGadget's Speaker Cradle yet for the 700 series?

http://www.pdaextreme.com/product_in...roducts_id=770

I wonder if the speakers on this thing take over when you choose speakerphone when taking a call while the 700W/WX is docked.
    I can't say for certain but I beleive using the Seidio Inno Dock cradle is what caused my last WX to go into the "headset mode" bug.

I for one will not use anything that plugs into the audio port.

I've got back to the OEM Palm cradle.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Thank you all for your input. Im going with the "Mobi Products PowerCradle for Treo 700w"
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    Just be careful inserting and removing your treo. My charge port malfunctioned on my treo and the only cause I can think of is a rather tight fit/hard to remove fit in the cradle I used.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Just be careful inserting and removing your treo. My charge port malfunctioned on my treo and the only cause I can think of is a rather tight fit/hard to remove fit in the cradle I used.
    yes this has been an issue with every Treo forever.

It's one of those "just don't jam it/rip it off" situations. I use mine every day and night and knock on wood, no issues. Just have to be gentle with it.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Seems to me Palm (along with every other pda/phone manufacturer) should go to the mini USB port or whatever you call the one the blackberry uses.
    the 6700 had the mini usb and I had no problems for the 8 months I had it. both desktop and vehicle mount worked smooth. I agree with the above post. if palm has had so many issues with the data and charging ports, why wouldn't thay change. anyhow...
    just curious, anyone think a bright blue LED that is on unless you remove the power cord from the rear is ridiculous? I just got a Boxwave docking cradle for my Sprint Treo 650 and it's annoying as heck.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I have to go with Jimmie on this one. I use the Palm Cradle Kit and the fact that I can charge a second battery is one of the best features. Works great for me.
    Yep, can't live without the second battery charger..
    Can anyone with the "Mobi Products PowerCradle for Treo 700w" speculate on if a wx with egrips will fit into it?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    will the Mobi fit a wx with the seidio crystal clear case