1.    #1  
    I couldn't find the answer to this from any searches but I was wondering if anyone knew how many calls the call log on the 700wx could store. I am coming from the 650 that would store my calling history for months.

I have a feeling that it won't store as many as the 650 because I remember checking my friend's 700w and it didn't even go back a month and she hadn't done a hard reset or anything.

So if it's the case the capacity isn't that great is there a way to just keep track of all my calls...I guess through 3rd party software.
    Same capacity. Months and months...
    I need help with this also. I have always been able to only keep 1 week on the call log of my 700w. I thought I had solved the problem when I found a setting under Menu -> Call Log -> Menu -> Call Timers. At the bottom of that screen there is a drop-down list that is labeled "Delete call history items older than:". The options in the drop-down are: 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and never. I was thrilled when I discovered this option and it was set to 1 week. I changed it to "never" and thought I had solved the problem. Unfotunantely, I still only get 1 week saved in my call log. This was always one of my favorite features of my old Treos. Now it's a big pain in my ***.

Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    I need help with this also. I have always been able to only keep 1 week on the call log of my 700w.
    Thanks
    i can only get a week as well. maybe it's cause i end up doing a darn hardreset once a week. call me silly, but i just can't keep from playing with the darn thing.
    I am actually wondering If I need to do a hard reset in order to get this setting to work. I have tried so many different apps that my phone doesn't work the same as it did out of the box. PhoneAlarm really changed my phone's behavior. I wonder if one if these apps I have tried and removed have actually caused a problem with this setting being recognized?
  6.    #6  
    I need help with this also. I have always been able to only keep 1 week on the call log of my 700w. I thought I had solved the problem when I found a setting under Menu -> Call Log -> Menu -> Call Timers. At the bottom of that screen there is a drop-down list that is labeled "Delete call history items older than:". The options in the drop-down are: 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and never. I was thrilled when I discovered this option and it was set to 1 week. I changed it to "never" and thought I had solved the problem. Unfotunantely, I still only get 1 week saved in my call log. This was always one of my favorite features of my old Treos. Now it's a big pain in my ***.

Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks
    I don't see that option on the 700wx....is it somewhere else?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Same capacity. Months and months...
    Ok I have confirmed that my calls are definitely being deleted. My call history goes back to 11/20 of this month...and the first call that was on there yesterday is not there today.

Littlepat, do you have the 700w or wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    I don't see that option on the 700wx....is it somewhere else?
    Start from the today screen and press the menu softkey. If it's not there let me know.
  9.    #9  
    Start from the today screen and press the menu softkey. If it's not there let me know.
    Yea I pressed menu from the today screen. Then I selected "Call Log". From there I hit Menu again and I only have 2 options. Filter (which is an expanded menu) and Delete All Calls...

Is this not what everyone else sees????????????

EDIT:OK NOW I definitely don't understand......I just checked my friends 700w and she has those extra options on her Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    Yea I pressed menu from the today screen. Then I selected "Call Log". From there I hit Menu again and I only have 2 options. Filter (which is an expanded menu) and Delete All Calls...

Is this not what everyone else sees????????????

EDIT:OK NOW I definitely don't understand......I just checked my friends 700w and she has those extra options on her Treo.
    How long do her calls stay in her call log?
  11.    #11  
    How long do her calls stay in her call log?
    I don't know but she had her settings to delete after a week. I changed it to never.

But my calls are deleting!!! Right now if I make any news calls my old ones are being replaced. And I don't have those settings on the 700wx.

Can ANYBODY explain this? Is the call log supposed to be unlimited or not??????
    So no one can help us with this?
  13.    #13  
    So no one can help us with this?
    yea i find it hard to believe that no one knows anything about this.

i called Palm and they said that the 700wx just doesn't have those options that the 700w has (the extra menu items under the call log). but the rep told me that the 700wx isn't supposed to delete the call history, but mine obviously is. i don't know whether it has anything to do with any of the apps that i have installed. but i need to know if others are experiencing the problems that we are..

anyone???
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    same problem here