Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anone know if you can use Palm's threaded mssaging app on thr Dash. I could have swore I read it here, but can't find it anymore. Thanks in advance. I just ordered one, and want to know if I can use the thraded Palm SMS app on my Dash. I know I had read it on here they got it working on eirther the Q or the Dadsh. . If so are there any special ways to install it?
    Thanks so much.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Does anone know if you can use Palm's threaded mssaging app on thr Dash. I could have swore I read it here, but can't find it anymore. Thanks in advance. I just ordered one, and want to know if I can use the thraded Palm SMS app on my Dash. I know I had read it on here they got it working on eirther the Q or the Dadsh. . If so are there any special ways to install it?
    Thanks so much.
    I'm going to go with "NO" on this though I don't know for sure.

Seeing as it's the smartphone edition, those devices typically have different needs and requirements from the program.

You can certainly try it, it won't kill the device, but I wouldn't be surprised if you can't.

It works the other way: you can run any smartphone app on WM5 (though it might look funny), but not the other way.

Dash is awesome looking though. The Cavalier is even nicer. Wish sprint would get one of those or even the Blackjack.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I think it was on a Q and there were some limitations. I think there wasn't a way to go from a thread back to the inbox without exiting the app and relaunching it. Otherwise it worked.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys I want to try out the Dash, especially it's small size, and wifi. I will try it out once I get it. I got it from T-Mobile for$99. I didn't get a data plan because it has wifi builtin, I might get it if I like the phone. EDGE seems so slow coming from a 700p and 799wx with EVDO. I just like the look of the Dash, and having wifi builit in will be great,
    Jimmie Geddes
    Wow, sometimes I can't remember anything from one day till the next but I got this one right.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1283
    ah, so it mostly works.

I'm wondering if AE Button plus could work around that issue? (does AE work on the Dash? lol)

I was thinking the same thing. Jimmie, wanna try it?

Edit: the AE Button Plus page says it works on smartphones.

http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php

Although he says he doesn't think it is useful on smartphones.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/28/2006 at 09:41 PM.
    Will threaded messaging work on the 8525? I assume it should, but is there any registry modification needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by jschles View Post
    Will threaded messaging work on the 8525? I assume it should, but is there any registry modification needed?
    Yes, it will work perfectly for sms and mms. Just ask Littlepat.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1416
    Last edited by hannip; 11/29/2006 at 06:59 AM.
    This looks like the closest we'll get (Sprint Moto Q):

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/29/p...ts-motorola-q/

I'm going to regret it I'm sure (where is the Backspace on the Q??) but my urge for a Blackjack-Dash will make me wanna try this device out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes, it will work perfectly for sms and mms. Just ask Littlepat.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1416
    /\ What he said. Works without a flaw, seriously. The only thing I haven't done yet is receive an mms. Not that it doesn't work, just haven't tried.
  12.    #12  
    I'll definitely give it a shot, I should have my Dash tomorrow.
    Jimmie Geddes
  13.    #13  
    Do you guys think it's just as simple as installing the latest beta cab of the messaging app on the Dash?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yep, just install the cab. Don't copy the 13 rom files.
    Whats the Dash' aku?
  16.    #16  
    Thanks Hannip. I see you said not to copy the 13 rom files, not sure what you mean (I know the 13 files are listed in the readme). Would I just install the cab and let it install and override everything and then soft reset? Thanks in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Thanks Hannip. I see you said not to copy the 13 rom files, not sure what you mean (I know the 13 files are listed in the readme). Would I just install the cab and let it install and override everything and then soft reset? Thanks in advance.
    Just install the .cab and do not copy over the files to \windows.

This is b/c the Dash has AKU 3.0.1 and has newer files. So just install the .cab file and delete the Palm Messaging folder then soft-reset.

18.    #18  
    cool, thanks!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    This is b/c the Dash has AKU 3.0.1
    I am so jealous. That could've been my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I am so jealous. That could've been my phone
    Dash is awesome. But it's follow up looks even sweeter: Cavalier

You should have gotten the Dash over the 8525