Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #1  
    After a few days with the yahoo to go program, it work ok but on occasion it doesnt seem to send out message or when I force it to sync it doesnt really do it.

    Does anyone else have this problem?

    Does anyone know of another good email program besides yahoo to go, that will sync?
  2. #2  
    I had that problem as well as a bunch of little quirks with it. Finally bagged it. Seems OK but was more trouble than it was worth.
  3. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #3  
    what program do you use now?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    I had that problem as well as a bunch of little quirks with it. Finally bagged it. Seems OK but was more trouble than it was worth.
  4. #4  
    Just use the standard Outlook setup to send/receive my inbox. Is it as great as all the supposed features on YTG? Nope. But its streamlined and simple and I'm quite happy with that for the time being.
  5. box33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    After a few days with the yahoo to go program, it work ok but on occasion it doesnt seem to send out message or when I force it to sync it doesnt really do it.

    Does anyone else have this problem?

    Does anyone know of another good email program besides yahoo to go, that will sync?
    i have been using yahoogo for over 2 months and i love it, love it, love it! so far, not one problem *knock on wood*. i have it sync every hour and it actually seems to sync a few seconds after an email hits my yahoo PC. as for sending out, it send emails very quickly. wouldn't want anything else....love it!
  6. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #6  
    i must have some programs in conflict with this. it seems some people have problems and others dont. mine works but only sometimes.



    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    i have been using yahoogo for over 2 months and i love it, love it, love it! so far, not one problem *knock on wood*. i have it sync every hour and it actually seems to sync a few seconds after an email hits my yahoo PC. as for sending out, it send emails very quickly. wouldn't want anything else....love it!
  7. box33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #7  
    its most likely a conflicting app that is causing a problen. yahoogo is amazing and something you should strive to get to work....you'll love it.
  8. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #8  
    ok....here's the question, which version did u install? was it the wm5 or the ppc version?



    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    its most likely a conflicting app that is causing a problen. yahoogo is amazing and something you should strive to get to work....you'll love it.
  9. box33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    ok....here's the question, which version did u install? was it the wm5 or the ppc version?
    windows mobile version
  10. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
       #10  
    windows mobile pocket pc or windows mobile smartphone?
  11. #11  
    wm5
  12. #12  
    I had/have an issue with Yahoo To Go, and I don't know if they are aware of it.

    I use Exchange ActiveSync for my corporate email, with Pocket Outlook as the device client - pretty standard setup. Once I installed Yahoo To Go, I noticed that any time I would FORWARD an email from my Outlook account on my device, to someone else, that only my intro text would get sent - not the original text of the message. Make sense? (kind of hard to describe). Once I took off Yahoo To Go, this problem went away. A friend of mine tested, and he saw the same behavior.

    Here's an example - Bob sends me an email to my work email address. On my device, I forward that message (using my work email account, with is Outlook synced via EAS) to Stan, with the intro 'hey Stan - read this'. When Stan gets the email, all he receives is 'Stan - read this', and none of the original message from Bob came with. This only happens after I install Yahoo To Go. Once I remove Yahoo To Go, everything is back to normal.

    Somehow it's as if Yahoo To Go is inhibiting the ability of my Outlook client to properly forward the full body of an email. I know this sounds crazy - hwy would the Yahoo mail client at all get involved with the Outlook client, but I'm tellin ya - it does and did. I tested many times and each time got the same result.

    Anyone seen this or have any suggestions? I think Yahoo needs to re-write their app. And I love it otherwise....dang.
  13. #13  
    thanks for the solution to a problem I've been having with Y to go. I love the ability to sync all my mail folders, but didn't know who was responsible for my inability to forward.

    Other problem is I can't change the setting to sync the sent items folder. It's stuck where it is permantly...

    Might have something to do with the Threaded SMS app using a different poutlook.exe?

    I'll try an uninstall and see if there's an update from Y.

Posting Permissions