Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I hear ya robdam.

I was waiting for the other "guinea pigs" to post their report also but got impatient.
    Besides, I like testing stuff anyways.
    Either way, we should be able to get a lot more info within a month or 2 when the Monthly Bills starts coming.

In fact I am beta testing a couple of things now lol.

I must be a masochist

As for EVO Allowance, I think he meant EVDO allowance.
    EVDO ALLOWANCE is shown in both PDATP PLan or Standard Unlimited DATA and on both cost $0.00
    I think in summary it just states "Unlimited" Data/Internet access.
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/26/2006 at 04:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    I hear ya robdam.

I was waiting for the other "guinea pigs" to post their report also but got impatient.
    Either way, we should be able to get a lot more info within a month or 2 when the Monthly Bills starts coming.

I must be a masochist

EVDO ALLOWANCE is shown in both PDATP PLan or Standard Unlimited DATA and on both cost $0.00
    I think in summary it just states "Unlimited" Data access.
    LOL! Any idea what EVDO allowance is? I'm scared it might cap out after x-amount of data. I'm a heavy Treo surfer. I hardly ever need to fire up my TabletPC anymore.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I hear ya robdam.

I must be a masochist

LMFAO! I just noticed your siggy and I love it!

"Current: Treo 700w from Verizon
    Awaiting: Treo 700wx from Verizon"

You & me both bro.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I am no expert as I just got my very 1st PDAPhone at the beginning of this month.

From what I have gathered from others, EVDO is that upgraded online coverage that is faster and is marked as EV on your 700w when connected to it.
    I belive you get a 1x symbol when connected to the older and slower 1rtx (?) coverage.
    Easy way to descirbe it is soemthing like this:
    1x = Dial-up speed
    EVDO = DSL Speed
    Not saying the speed you get is what I stated above, its just a way to summarize it.

So in short, it just states you get "Unlimited" access to the Internet if you are in the 1x or EVDO Coverage areas.
    Of course Verizon's Version of "Unlimited" is actually 5gb/mth I think (or was it 10gb? not sure)

Worried about Internet Access allowance?
    Someone here posted that they was using Slingbox on their Treo for an extended amount of time with no real problems.
    If you are just using it to be on the Internet for regular use, should be no problem at all.

I am sure someone else here can describe everything I posted above better.

As for the 700wx:
    I am hoping they can help me out on the upgrade as I just got my 700w this month.
    if not, I am hoping that when my 700w gets "accidentally" lost/dropped/decides to take a swim in my toilet/stolen that I can somehow be allowed to get the 700wx instead, even for a nominal price.

They have replaced my wifes phone for a better model once before, hoping it will work out for me too.
    But of course, I don't hve such sexy and big boobs like my wife though
    Thanks for clarifying the EVDO ALLOWANCE, particularly your mention that your plan shows this feature also.

Just added the PDATP plan today (1/3/2007), what a great find!
    I have heard that if you Consume 5gb/mth you may get a Warning letter.
    At 10GB/mth I heard you will have your contract terminated by them. (You will not suffer the early termination fee)
    What a terrific way to get out of a VZW contract!
    Yes, but you'll still be stuck w/ the phone you can't use!
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Uh, why is this thread in the Treo 700w/wx section? Seems to me it should be moved to CDMA-North America...
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678