Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    just got off the phone with verizon wireless, and it's UNLIMITED DATA and she said data support team has no relevance to pricing. she said PDATP means the following

UNL PDA = unlimited PDA usage
    800 TXT = 800 text message
    100 PIX = 100 pix message
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm in Miami and for my first attempt at getting PDATP the CSR told me he couldn't find the code and it might not be available this part of the country. He claims he checked his "resources" and spoke with his supervisor.

I'll try again later in the week.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    To ALL trying to get the PDATP Plan.

Please post in this thread if you have either been APPROVED or DENIED the PDATP plan.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132361

This is so we can compile info about this in 1 thread about a certain factor of the PDATP issue.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Just finished talking to a Verizon CSR here at home in NY and this is what they said:

- PDATP Plan does indeed have:
    Unlimited PDA Data = (Same thing as the Verizon Advertised Unlimited Data for PDAPhones/BlackBerry devices)
    800TXT
    100PIX
    - You CANNOT change your TXT/PIX allowance and retain the $20/mth PDATP Plan.
    (You will be put back in the $45.99/mth Unlimited Data Plan if you want more TXT/PIX Allowance.)

- The PDATP Plan "may" not include Video allowance.
    (Will test this by sending a couple video messages this month)

PS:
    At 1st the Verizon CSR stated he didn't see that I have a Data Plan at all until I told him that I am in the PDATP Plan that shows as Unlimited PDA in my account.
    Kilim

I completely agree with you reasoning. The rep I spoke with could be completely wrong especially since she is in technical services and not billing so she may not know the specifics of the plan. With respect to data usage, the data usage will always show up on the "My Accounts" page to show how much data (text, pix or even calls are used during the course of the month).

My concern is probably being over cautious since I don't want to receive a $1000 bill for data if my account is coded incorrectly. Your bill cutoff is on the 22nd of the month so a bill should be generated shortly for you (usually it takes about 5 days to get the bill). I would be interested to see what this bill says, since, in the end, the actual bill is what matters and not what appears on the my accounts page. That was what I was trying to ask in my previous post, has anyone actually gotten a physical bill (or electronic, but a bill nonetheless), with the PDATP plan? This would confirm it for me.

Thanks for you patience.

Steve
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Def understand sga.usa.

Why I am trying to compile as much info as I can about this myself.
    I will personally update how it goes for me in the billing department ASAP.
    I called today and was told that the only plans they have are the $20 20mb or the 44.99 unlimited. I gave her the code and was told that it wasn't a plan they offered.

???
    I'm in NY and was still told that there was no plan offered with that name or price
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Kilim, I hope you see this here. I didn't want to junk up your other thread. Could you ad to the other for people that get the plan added successfully to try and get the CSR email or telephone extension information. I think they can give that out, and could make it easier for the rest of us to call them directly, and get the plan added. Watcha think?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treojennifer View Post
    I'm in NY and was still told that there was no plan offered with that name or price
    Which part of NY?
    Can you please answer the questions in the other thread linked here about this?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132361

Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    Kilim, I hope you see this here. I didn't want to junk up your other thread. Could you ad to the other for people that get the plan added successfully to try and get the CSR email or telephone extension information. I think they can give that out, and could make it easier for the rest of us to call them directly, and get the plan added. Watcha think?
    I just updated it.
    Yes, I am in Long Island, and I posted to the other thread too. I am going to try again tomorrow. I hate these games Verizon plays. If they have a $20 plan, I want it. This is all so crazy! Thanks for organizing.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hmm I am looking at my Verizon MyAccount again pondering on things about this PDATP Plan when I just noticed something.

This is a screenshot of it:

If you look closely it soemhow prints NATIONALACCESSROAM twice.
    Once in the Express Network section and a 2nd time in the Data section.

What does it all mean.
    I have no clue, but hoping someone can explain something about it.

I am thinking that the Standard Data Plan was under the DATA section and the extra NATIONALACCESSROAM is just a redundant feature when switched to the PDATP Plan.

Currently, my account still shows no fees due for using being online on my Treo.
    **** Cross posted with the Approve/Denied post*****

Okay, I supposedly had this added...to begin on January 12 when my billing cycle changes over. I'm a little nervous about it, and may try to limit my data usage, *just in case*, but she told me that as of the 12th my 44.99 plan would be off and that the new UNL PDA 800 TXT 800 PIX 100 would be effective for $20. She put me on hold a few times and somehow had to manually input it, as the system kept rejecting it saying not available in my market.

FYI, I spoke to someone names Arnessa at x 3930

ETA: I called again because I am nervous about my coverage between now and the 12th. I was assured that I am on the unlimited data plan 44.99/mo until the 12th and then I will be on the PDATP plan after that. I hope this isn't too good to be true!
    Last edited by treojennifer; 12/26/2006 at 11:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Thanks treojennifer for the input.
    Added the Verizon CSR info in the other thread.

We are all hoping this is a good deal and why I and others are checking up on this.
    I guess I was able to get the plan that same day as it was also the same day that my billing cycle starts.
    Now we all just need to wait on who can post their latest billing summary to confirm to us that this is a good deal or not
    I can see a wait of 1-2 month for a full billing summary report.
    Hopefully someone that has switched to the PDATP Plan a few weeks/months ago can post here to confirm to us the billing question about this.

The waiting game begins ...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Has anyone given any thought to what is going to happen when VZW catches on to this, if it is, in fact, as good as it seems?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Has anyone given any thought to what is going to happen when VZW catches on to this, if it is, in fact, as good as it seems?
    Execute Plan Z?
    Well, Verizon is grossly overcharging for data relative to the other carriers, so if this is a *real* plan, then I am thrilled. I don't see what they can do once they "catch" on. I just hope that I don't get slammed for data charges for this in between time I have on my plan. Both CSRs have assured me that I won't
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    From what I can gather, this PDATP has been around for sometime.
    At least before 06-13-2006, 10:57 PM when the original leak was found.
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/543014-post40.html
    And at least from the original poster, he has had "800 Txt 100 Pix Messages + Unlimited Internet (Evo Allowance) for 20.00 a month."

I am kinda iffy as well as most great deal usually has a catch from my experience.
    But so far everything looks legit, at least in my Verizon MyAccount page.

And yes, I have contacted Verizon CSR multiple times for the past few weeks and I have been reassured each time that I have Unlimited Data and what we are hoping for about this PDATP is actually legit.

Of course I won't be able to feel truely secure until I get my next 1 and 2 month bill.

I almost switched to Sprint until I found this plan and got approved!

Now I am just waiting for Verion to release the damn 700wx and also my next 1 and 2 month bill.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm so tempted to order it but my brain keeps telling me to sit tight & wait to see how our "guinea pigs" make out. Also, my employer picks up my VZW tab so no biggie for me personally except for the satisfaction of getting some $$$ back from VZW....so to speak.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    From what I can gather, this PDATP has been around for sometime.
    At least before 06-13-2006, 10:57 PM when the original leak was found.
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/543014-post40.html
    And at least from the original poster, he has had "800 Txt 100 Pix Messages + Unlimited Internet (Evo Allowance) for 20.00 a month."

I am kinda iffy as well as most great deal usually has a catch from my experience.
    But so far everything looks legit, at least in my Verizon MyAccount page.

And yes, I have contacted Verizon CSR multiple times for the past few weeks and I have been reassured each time that I have Unlimited Data and what we are hoping for about this PDATP is actually legit.

Of course I won't be able to feel truely secure until I get my next 1 and 2 month bill.

I almost switched to Sprint until I found this plan and got approved!

Now I am just waiting for Verion to release the damn 700wx and also my next 1 and 2 month bill.

K, that link states, "800 Txt 100 Pix Messages + Unlimited Internet (Evo Allowance)". What is EVO Allowance??????
    Treo 700WX - VZW
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast