Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Does anyone know the numerical code for Ft. Lauderdale , Florida. Ive been trying to add this feature since last night & they continue to tell me there's no such thing. As I'm typing this,I'm speaking to a rep by the name of Carmen in Tech support & she pulled up the PDATP code & stated that its only for government accounts. This is very frustrating.Does anyone have an easier way of requesting this feature because I'm about to call back & I'll be on my 7th rep?! I even had them bring up the url for the print screen Kilim posted of his bill & I've heard everything from its a fake to thats not a Verizon Wireless webpage to the plan isn't even being offered & now its FOR GOVERNMENT accounts ONLY.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I'm in the same situation here in MD. I've heard that the posted print screens are "fake", or it's an "old plan". The "for government only" is a new one though. Maybe on my 8th try if they pull that I'll see what they say when I tell them it's my wife's phone and she's a Fed.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    Hmm, think they are BSing you or you got a crappy CSR.

Me and my wife use the 500 Family Share Plan
    We use around 300-400 minutes per month usually so this is a perfect plan for us and is no longer available to the public, so we are happy to still have it.

Here is a copy of my bill to show I ain't BSing:

My current plan has both me and my Wife's phone only.
    We was paying about $85/mth w/ tax prior to getting my Treo 700w.

After getting the new deal, I should be paying around $86/mth taxes NOT included as per what the CSR told me.
    Think it was going to be 116/mth w/o taxes before I changed to the PDATP Plan.

PS:
    I am also getting a 22% discount with my Voice Plan by using my Employee Discount with my job.
    Kilim, I will be a little more stern with them. I thought they were just bsing me, but I needed to be sure. Thanks
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Just called the 800 number, hit #4, and #4 again to speak to a Rep. Mentioned adding the PDATP to my account. She did it in about 5 seconds. Sweet.

Question: I have the Core Choice Plan ($39.99 voice and $40 data - Total of $79.99 monthly). Do I have to call back Verizon to be put on a voice plan now so I don't get charged the $40 dollars on the core choice? Does adding the PDATP negate that extra $40 and charge $20/month? Want to be proactive so as not to try to get a credit later on.

Thanks.

Steve
    My best guess is that for some reason PDATP shows up as an option for people that are on older plans...
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Kilim,how long have you been a customer of Verizon Wireless?
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with a CSR. He put me on hold,checked with his supervisor,then came back & said that this is a grandfathered plan & is no longer being offered. Before he had checked with his supervisor,he told me that its not available in my region. I'm about to give up guys.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Ok let us see what I can add.

• What you get from the PDATP Plan:
      Code: PDATP

Covers:
      Unlimited PDA Data
      800 TXT
      100 PIX

Cost: 20/mth

• What you lose from the PDATP Plan?
      At the time of this posting, nothing.
      You keep whatever features you already have.
      You actually Gain a couple features (if you do not have TXT/PIX bundles included in your plan) AND you save $$$!
      IF you are paying $45.99/mth JUST for the "Unlimited" Data Plan, you will save $25.99/mth or $623.76/2 years!
      PLUS .... other Optional Features seems to still be available via the verizon MyAccount page at least.

• How I acquired the PDATP Plan:
      Acquired on the 1st try following my post here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=96.
      took around 30mins of being placed on hold a few times before I got approved.

• When did I get approved for the PDATP Plan? Is there a time requirement?:
      Dec. 22, 2006 at around 12PM EST.

This means I am not sure if there is a certain time period you have to be to get approved for the plan.
      IF you successfully got approved of this plan, please post when you got approved.

• Where am I subscribed at, is there a location requirement?:
      Living in Scarsdale, NY. In Westchester County.

This means I am not sure if this plan has any location requirements.
      IF you successfully got approved of this plan, please post where you are located at.

• How long I been with VerizonWireless:
      Exactly 2 years and 23 days with the Phone I got the PDATP Plan approved.
      I 1st got an LG enV when I renewed my 2 yr contract around 12/02/06.
      Exchanged the LG enV for a Treo 700w around 12/05/06.
      Now awaiting the release of the 700wx from Verizon so i can sell my 700w and get the 700wx.

• What do I have in my Verizon package now?:
      Primary Line:
      $50.00 = AMERICA'S CHOICE FAMILYSHARE PRIMARY 500 ANY $50.00 0105
      $05.99 = Total Equipment Coverage
      $20.00 = PDATP Plan

Secondary Line:
      $09.99 = Secondary Line
      $05.99 = Total Equipment Coverage
      $05.00 = 250 TXT/PX

$96.97 = Total
      As a side note, I do NOT have a Business account.
      This is what how it would look like in my Primary Line (that has the PDATP) and my secondary line in my FamilyShare Plan:
      http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...8&d=1166932327

• Can I get this plan even though I just have a regular acount (non-business/corporate account) and will it mess up my FamilyShare plan?:
      As shown above.
      I am in a regular account and do NOT have a business/corporate account and also I have a FamilyShare plan.
      It shouldn't cause any problems.

• Other Discounts, can you have Employee Discounts from your work with this plan?:
      On 12/06/06 I have applied and got approved for the IBM Employee discount of 22% off Voice Plan and 25% off Accessories.
      That drops my Total monthly payment from $96.97 to $85.97/mth (taxes NOT included)!
      I am paying around $84.96/mth (with taxes included and w/o Employee Discount) before I got a PDA Phone and just had 2 regular phones w/ my FamilyShare plan!
      (I didn't realize about the Verizon discount from my work until last month )

So yes, you should still be eligible for your company employee discounts.

• Can you add other features with the PDATP Plan:
      Did not test it personally, but in the Verizon MyAccount , the options to get additonal TXT/PIX options are still available.
      You should ask the Verizon CSR about other options while you are finalizing this deal (or after).

• Question about the PDATP Plan:
      Does emails really actually counts in deducting your 800 TXT allowance? Does Video's get deducted from your 100 PIX allowance?

Quote Originally Posted by sga.usa View Post
    Just called the 800 number, hit #4, and #4 again to speak to a Rep. Mentioned adding the PDATP to my account. She did it in about 5 seconds. Sweet.

Question: I have the Core Choice Plan ($39.99 voice and $40 data - Total of $79.99 monthly). Do I have to call back Verizon to be put on a voice plan now so I don't get charged the $40 dollars on the core choice? Does adding the PDATP negate that extra $40 and charge $20/month? Want to be proactive so as not to try to get a credit later on.

Thanks.

Steve
    I suggest just calling the Verizon CSR again and ask how your phone bill is setup now.
    I have been talking to Verizon practically everyday for the past 2 weeks due to questions about the 700wx, how to work the Treo 700w and other stuff.

Also, I think your Verizon My Account page should show what you have now.
    I think my Verizon MyAccount page updated within an hour of changing my plan to PDATP.

PS:
    Have to realize that CSR's are just regular people that reads thru their general list of answers for the general questions asked to them.
    Most info that are not the norm they will more than likely have to ask their supervisors for approval.
    Most of the time, unless you get a really good CSR, they just read the database by using the search feature of their PC.
    Kinda like a monkey going thru google to find their answers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/23/2006 at 09:53 PM.
    Hey Kilim I sent you a pm earlier did you get it yet.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    check your PM Box.
    Hope it helps.
    hopefully this will help and work? cross your fingers
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have Family Share 2100. The unlimited data plan on my 700W is $44.99. All I do is call and ask to change to the PDATP plan, correct? Is that all? There will be no loss of features/functionality? Still unlimited data? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I have Family Share 2100. The unlimited data plan on my 700W is $44.99. All I do is call and ask to change to the PDATP plan, correct? Is that all? There will be no loss of features/functionality? Still unlimited data? Thanks!
    From what I experienced so far this is what you will get:
    (BTW I tought its $45.99/mth for the Data Plan if you already have a Voice Plan not $44.99, but whatever?)

Unlimited PDA Data = Same thing as Unlimited Data
    800 TXT
    100 PIX
    $24.99/mth or $599.76/2years by switching to this plan

You get to keep whatever else you have before.
    I just checked my Verizon MyAccounts page and it still has the "Unlimited" Data on it meaning I don't owe verizon for being online on my Treo.
    And I also get to keep my 500min Family Share plan!

Pretty much the PDATP Plan is the same thing as the Unlimited Data, but its cheaper and gives you 800 TXT and 100 PIX bundled in.

Oh, Did I forgot to mention that you save $24.99/mth or $599.76/2years by switching to this plan.

Please note what Verizon means by their "Unlimited" Data though as per the TOS:
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION

For more information, refer to the Customer Agreement or speak with a Sales Rpresentative. Service is subject to the Customer Agreement, which you should read before activating service. Calling Plans not available in all areas. Credit approval required. Billing, shipping and end-user address must be within the Verizon Wireless licensed and service areas where the wireless phone number is issued.

UNLIMITED DATA PLANS AND FEATURES

Unlimited Data Plans and Features (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, GlobalAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services) may ONLY be used with wireless devices for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). The Unlimited Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Unlimited Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

Data sessions automatically terminate after 24 hours of activity. Data session is inactive when no data is being transferred. Data session may seem inactive while data is actively being transferred to device, or may seem active when it is actually cached and not transferring data. You MUST press or click END or DISCONNECT button to ensure that session disconnects and charges cease. Thirdparty applications may automatically reinitiate data sessions without you pressing or clicking SEND or CONNECT button. For the Palm® TreoTM 650, the only way to disconnect your data session is to press the home key until you see “All” or “System,” then select the “Prefs” icon, then select “Network” from the drop-down list, and then “Disconnect.” You may be able to send or receive voice calls when your data session is inactive. When this occurs, charges apply simultaneously for voice calls in accordance with your Calling Plan. You are responsible for maintaining virus protection when accessing service.

Unlimited PDA/smartphone and BlackBerry® Plans: These VZEmail plans cannot be used: (1) for access to the Internet, intranets, or other data networks except as the device’s native applications and capabilities permit, unless you subscribe to BroadbandAccess Connect; or (2) for any applications that tether your device to laptops or personal computers other than for use of the Wireless Sync or the BlackBerry solution, unless you subscribe to BroadbandAccess Connect.

PDA/smartphone and BlackBerry Megabyte Features: Megabyte allowance and charges for kilobytes over the monthly allowance apply to 1xRTT and EV-DO data sessions, which are rounded to next full kilobyte at end of each billing cycle. Only total of kilobytes transmitted above allowance each billing cycle may appear on bill. You are responsible for all charges, including all data sent and received and “overhead” whether or not you or your recipients actually receive the data. Overhead is all data that is in addition to user-transmitted data, such as control, operational and routing instructions, error-checking characters as well as retransmissions of user-data messages that are received in error. Any unused portion of the megabyte allowance is lost.

Wireless Sync: Compatible wireless device required. The monthly allowance applies only to 1xRTT and EV-DO data transmissions, not to voice or other (Quick 2 Net or dial-up) data transmissions. When traveling outside of the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, you may be charged at the “other data” rate for data calls. Customers with devices that support Quick 2 Net service will be billed minutes of use or “other data” rate according to their Calling Plan. In order to use Wireless Sync, your PC Monitor or Wireless Sync Enterprise Server must be on and in a condition to receive your corporate email. Wireless Sync software updates will be sent to your device and will be charged as a data call.

The BlackBerry Solution from Verizon Wireless: The wireless data capability of the BlackBerry device functions only within the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area. Verizon Wireless NationalAccess service is not available with the BlackBerry solution. With the BlackBerry solution, the first 2 kilobytes (KB) of each email are initially received on the BlackBerry device and you can simply request to receive additional 2KB increments. Some email attachments (Microsoft® Office Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Corel® WordPerfect®, Adobe® PDF, and ASCII text) are delivered to the BlackBerry device when requested by the end user. ZIP file browsing is available with BlackBerry Device Software v3.7. With BlackBerry Device Software v4.0, an HTML Internet browser has been added to the service in addition to full wireless PIM (Calendar, Contacts, Notes&Tasks) synchronization when using the BlackBerry device with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.TM Graphics in emails and attachments are not delivered to the BlackBerry device. When the BlackBerry device reaches its memory storage capacity, email stored on the device will automatically be deleted from it, starting with the oldest emails first. BlackBerry Desktop Software using BlackBerry Desktop Redirector only supports Microsoft Exchange environments. Up to ten POP3/IMAP and ISP email accounts are supported through use of the BlackBerry Internet Service.TM

Verizon Wireless Calling Plans, Rate and Coverage Areas, rates, agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and policies are subject to change as specified in the Customer Agreement.

Last Update 11/14/06
    Summarize it for you.
    Verizon's "Unlimited" Data plan is actually Limited.
    I have heard that if you Consume 5gb/mth you may get a Warning letter.
    At 10GB/mth I heard you will have your contract terminated by them. (You will not suffer the early termination fee)
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/25/2006 at 01:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I tried twice today. One CSR said that she couldn't find the plan. The other seemed to find it but asked if I had a phone number to reference where she could see it and add it to my account. I wish this was as easy as adding SMS texting to my unlimited plan. I really need to get in on this one. We have 2 phones.. Treo 700w and a Motorola Q.

KeithGP

..As I'm typing.. Strike 3.. no luck. If anyone could provide a CSR tech #, that would assist tremendously. We could just call and ask for the few that know.
    Last edited by KeithGP; 12/23/2006 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Update
    Senator Clay Davis, "The Wire": S&################t
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Thanks to some help from Kilim and a VZW employee I know, it appears this is a promotional offer to users in NY. Are any of you lucky people that have been able to switch to PDATP outside of the NY market? If not, perhaps we've found out why this has been so hit-n-miss.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hmm, unless soem posters here are lying, that dont seem right.

I already started a new thread to compile info on why some are able and some arent able to get teh PDATP here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132361
    Hopefully more peeps will reply so we can figure this thing out as Verizon is not helpful for this.

jberman is the 1st to state he got the PDATP plan in this thread on his post here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=34
    He has also stated that you cannot change the 800TXT / 100PIX as it voids the PDATP plan as per his post here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=58

Now if this is ONLY a NY Promo, jberman again proves this wrong by stating he is from boston as posted here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=51

Hopefully jberman will post again to reconfirm with us that he is actually and really is from outside the NY State.

Maybe its only certain areas can have it if Boston is allowed also.
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/24/2006 at 12:08 AM.
  17. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I was told its by region so that would explain how he would have that feature.
    Here is my history. Read thorugh these forums and added the PDATP plan to my account yesterday (12/23). No problem with that. I saw in my features under "My Account" that the PDATP plan was added about an hour after I added the PDATP.

Called today to remove the data portion of my $79.99 Core Choice Plan (voice $39.99 and unlimited data $40) so that I would only have to pay the $20 from the PDATP plan and not the $40 that I have been paying - bring down my monthly charges from 79.99 to 59.99. The short of it is that I eventually spoke with a VZW Data Technical Services representative and the rep. there told me that the PDATP plan is only for text messaging and pix messaging - it does NOT include data. I went through the whole song and dance saying that that does not make sense because I can choose a better TXT/PIX plan for less. The rep. responded that this is an old feature used to add TXT & PIX to PDAs and that the "UNL PDA" coding is there to add this TXT & PIX to people who already have the unlimited data with their pda. After this I told her to remove the PDATP and put back my SMS 2000 allowance. I wasn't about to take the chance that the plan did not include unlimited data and then try to get a credit of $1000 in data fees, etc.

QUESTION: Has anyone been billed yet using the PDATP plan? This would confirm (for me anyway), that this plan does actually include unlimited data (in addition to 800 TXT & 100 PIX). Other confirmation would help me (and others as well).

Steve
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    That's weird..

Here's the thing.

If what you are saying is correct, and PDATP only means that you get messageing for 20 bucks a month, then all of us who removed data plan shouldn't able get online. Because if you don't have data plan, then you have to add pay as you use (where they bill you for every data usage). Otherwise, if you have neither unlimited data plan nor pay as you use, you can't get online. So as long as you are able to get online, that means you are on the data plan.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    @sga.usa:
    Please post in this thread here as we are compiling info about this here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132361

------------------

As for the PDATP Plan actually not having the "Unlimited" Data.
    The verizon CSR I talked to stated it does indeed include the "Unlimited" Data.

My billing cycle starts on the 22nd of every month.
    Here is a sample of my current useage and balance as of today, 12/24/06.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...6&d=1166998652

I switched to the PDATP Plan just on 12/22/06 and started my original $45.99 Unlimited Data on 12/02/06 so I guess I should have teh full bill next month.
    But according to my current bill, I do NOT owe any Data useage fee.

And according to my Verizon MyAccount page, I even have my EVDO Allowance covered as per my SS here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...8&d=1166932327 and my SS here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...7&d=1166855269

So its either 1 of 2 things.

- The CSR you talked to is wrong and PDATP actually has Unlimited DATA.
    OR
    - The CSR I talked to is wrong and PDATP does not have Unlimited Data and I will have a big bill next month.
    But if my CSR is wrong, shouldn't my Data useage show in my Verizon MyAccounts page?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/24/2006 at 04:42 PM.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast