Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I've tried 3 times with no luck. I even have an in-store VZW rep checking with regional about it, because he's never heard of it and can't find mention of it.

However, if you do the math, a PDA "Max Choice" plan with 4,000 minutes is $169.99. A 4000 minute voice-only plan is $149.99. So a $20 DATA option truly does exist (if you like to talk a heck of a lot)!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    So whats the concensus on this?

Is this working and legit?
    and if so what are the summarized details we need to know?
    I don't know how, but I was able to get them to add on the feature after my first call. I just acted like somebody had suggested I get the feature added on, referred to it by its 5 letter code, and was done.

Like some others have mentioned, the customer service agent checked with the data team to ensure it included "unlimited" data with the plan.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I must have missed that 5-letter code. Swigger, would you be so kind as to post that?
    Here you go, it's PDATP:

Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    I'm calling back now to try to get the corresponding number.

UPDATE: The code is actually PDATP, not PDATT. I asked if there's a corresponding numeric code; the rep told me that the code varies by market. In some markets the code is all alpha, in others it's numeric. He was only able to access the code for my region (Boston area).... sorry I wasn't able to find out more.

Also, I tried to add the additional 2000 free text messages to my plan. Apparently you can't have two text messaging packages on the same account. Since the $20 unlimited PDA package includes text messages, it's acting as my texting plan. It seems you can't add a second texting plan on top of that. So adding the free 2000 messages, while allowed, would have replaced my $20 unlimited PDA access. Not worth it!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Thanks. (I have no excuse for missing the original post)
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Just want to make sure so let me summarize what this should do:

Code: PDATP

Covers:
    Unlimited PDA Data
    800 TXT
    100 PIX

Cost: 20/mth

The Unlimited PDA Data is the same thing as the Unlimited Data plans?
    So I can be on the net, load my slingplayer and should be fine and not be billed for each KB until I reach the Unlimited limit of 5mb?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    OK. let me clear things for you guys..
    I've been away for vacation for weeks so I didn't notice this thread till last night. I have a friend who owns a verizon direct store (one of those stores where you go to get your phone replaced in case the phone is defective) and he told me this.

This PDATP = PDA TEXT PIX plan was originally designed only for corporate accounts (people who sign up thru their company), and it's indeed 20 bucks a month for unlimited data, 800 text messages, and 100 pix messages.

Now a lot of you who called and got nowhere is because you talked to personal account representatatives.

Then what do you need to do to get this plan applied to your account?

You need to keep arguing that "People that I know who are not on corporate accounts have added this feature. I WANT THIS DAMN PDATP ADDED TO MY ACCOUNT AS WELL."
    If you argue long enough, they will talk to the corporate account department, and they are the ones who are able to add that feature to your account.

That's what I did, and just like jberman, I was given credit for cancelling data plan.

Hope this will help you guys out.

Attached is the image of my account features @ verizonwireless.com
    Let me know how it goes~!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bryanlee; 12/22/2006 at 11:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Thanks Bryanlee.

I just sent you a pm btw.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Ok, I just talked to the Verizon CSR and I got my new PDATP plan
    Instead of my $116/mth I now only have to pay $86/mth + taxes

Here is the weird thing.
    The Verizon CSR was trying to tell me that your emails counts for TXT messaging cost.
    So if you receive 500 emails in a month, that will be deducted from your 800TXT messages allowance!
    Not sure if they are mistaken or not.
    Hopefully someone here that has had the PDATP Plan confirm this please.

And it wasn't hard at all for me to get the Verizon CSR to do it for me.
    I didn't even ask about the Corporate account stuff.
    Of course the CSR put me on hold for a few minutes as she didn't know about it and had to confirm with her manager but in the end took me 30 mins total to get everything done.
    ok i might try this but im thinking it will end up being around the same cost in the end for me since i use a lot of texts...here is what im thinking:

i have the 39.99 phone plan and then the 49.99 data plan that comes with the 2000 sms.....i def use all those sms or atleast get close to it every month(yes im text happy )

so if i get this new package ill have my phone plan of 39.99 and then the 20 for the new data plan along with 800 texts.....will these 800 texts be 800 to anyone?......sounds fine but how much is another 1000 texts to add on?....this is why im thinking it may run about the same in the end for me
    I guess I will try again....
    I jsut left verizon and i had a retentions lady call me leaving me a vociemaila t home saying i udnerstand you ported out we would liek you back but i lsot her number. Wonder if that would be something they would offer me, I will come back with my 2 lines if they offered this. Its the reason i left pda data should not be anywhere near $45. $20 for pda usage is more then enough.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I've been on the phone for over 1 hour on this 4th try, and still not having any luck. I even asked for a supervisor and they'd rather have me leave (after 10 years) then give that plan to me. Amazing.

Let's see, that Sprint SERO offer runs until 12/31....
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    mixman.. check your PM
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Don't know why I didn't get any problems trying to get this.

This is what I did to get the PDATP Plan:

• Call Verizon Customer Service: (800) 922-0204
      (Try to do something while you are making this call (ie: read a book, watch TV, Chase your kitten) as it may take a while)

• Input your 10 digit VerizonWireless Mobile Number. (ie: XXX-XXX-XXXX)

• Press 4 for "Other Options"

• Press 4 again for "Information on Plans & Promotions"

• Talk to Verizon CSR about the PDATP Plan.
      (Mention that its the Plan with PDATP code.)
      (Mention its the Unlimited Data, 800TXT, 100PIX Plan)

• Be put on hold a few times so Verizon CSR can get authorization from their managers.

• Finally be asked if you "REALLY" want the PDATP Plan in your account.

• You may then be told that you will receive credit for switching plans.

• Be asked by Verizon CSR if you need any more help.

• Finally hang up and jump for joy for saving an extra $25.99/mth ($623.76/2yrs) and it only took you 30-60 mins of your precious time!

I live in Westchester County, NY and maybe I just got a good CSR.
    Hopefully posting what I did will help.

@bryanlee

Did the Verizon CSR tell you that your received emails will be deducted from your 800txt messages?

The CSR I talked to aid this is the case.
    Just want to make sure if somehow she was wrong or this is how it really will be with the PDATP Plan.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Thanks bryanlee...

Kilim Thanks for the update. That's not far from what I spent an hour on tonight with no results. However, I'll try your approach exactly as you wrote it tomorrow.
    I tried 3 different times tonight with no results!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I tried twice today. I even get a corprate discount, but was advised that since I use a shared minute plan, I do not qualify. I am going to call the corprate group after the holiday and see where I get.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theecigarman View Post
    I tried twice today. I even get a corprate discount, but was advised that since I use a shared minute plan, I do not qualify. I am going to call the corprate group after the holiday and see where I get.
    Hmm, think they are BSing you or you got a crappy CSR.

Me and my wife use the 500 Family Share Plan
    We use around 300-400 minutes per month usually so this is a perfect plan for us and is no longer available to the public, so we are happy to still have it.

Here is a copy of my bill to show I ain't BSing:

My current plan has both me and my Wife's phone only.
    We was paying about $85/mth w/ tax prior to getting my Treo 700w.

After getting the new deal, I should be paying around $86/mth taxes NOT included as per what the CSR told me.
    Think it was going to be 116/mth w/o taxes before I changed to the PDATP Plan.

PS:
    I am also getting a 22% discount with my Voice Plan by using my Employee Discount with my job.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/23/2006 at 12:34 AM.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast