Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I just called again.

I got the work around. They kept telling me that there are no other messaging plans that include data and they aren't able to use alpha sales codes for features. I am still being told all of their account codes are numerical.
    I met an insurance company representative that one disclosed to me that the first response for almost any claim is a denial. That company saved money by having some people not persue the claim any further.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and I suspect that the phone representatives for Verizon are taught to say that "they can't find (whatever you ask for)" or say that something is not available in the same way and play dumb. They are a large company and can afford good help. It is a decent strategy from a business perspective in my opinon.

The problem with their "misinformation strategy" is that it is difficult to be the first to try the new plan since they seem not to know what they're talking about. I applaud all those that are brave enough to try this new plan. I'm a little wary and am waiting as others are to see if there are any setbacks. The way that UNL PDA 800 TXT 100 looks to me is 800 minutes of data and 100 messages. That scares me.
    Anyone else had any luck getting unlimited data for $20/mo?
    I am excited to investigate this plan myself. What is throwing me is the number of picture messages included. When I got my Treo 700w a few weeks ago I was told by the VZW rep that picture messages are apart of the data plan because pictures "ARE data".

This made no sense to me. Can someone help me out. Am I being charged for data when I send a picture to a phone, I mean an MMS, not email. Or am I being charged $0.25 per message?

My billing info is not available online right now.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    markgreene:
    I am excited to investigate this plan myself. What is throwing me is the number of picture messages included. When I got my Treo 700w a few weeks ago I was told by the VZW rep that picture messages are apart of the data plan because pictures "ARE data".

This made no sense to me. Can someone help me out. Am I being charged for data when I send a picture to a phone, I mean an MMS, not email. Or am I being charged $0.25 per message?

I have had the 700w(verizon) for quite sometime now without a data plan, and can tell you that pic messages are directly linked to data... which IMO is not very nice on palms part to combine the 2. Any pic messages I send or receive, I get charged for using data. Since I have the $5 for unlimited in txt/pix msg, i don't get charged for in network msg charges only data. If I happen to send to an out of network phone, I would get charged for data and whatever the charge is for pix msgs. I find this really odd as I have friends that have regular camera phones (verizon also) that do not receive data charges for sending or receiving pix on their phone...
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    markgreene:

I have had the 700w(verizon) for quite sometime now without a data plan, and can tell you that pic messages are directly linked to data... which IMO is not very nice on palms part to combine the 2. Any pic messages I send or receive, I get charged for using data. Since I have the $5 for unlimited in txt/pix msg, i don't get charged for in network msg charges only data. If I happen to send to an out of network phone, I would get charged for data and whatever the charge is for pix msgs. I find this really odd as I have friends that have regular camera phones (verizon also) that do not receive data charges for sending or receiving pix on their phone...
    I find this really odd as I have friends that have regular camera phones (verizon also) that do not receive data charges for sending or receiving pix on their phone...
    I know. That is the argument I got into with the VZW rep. Why should I be treated differently (billing wise) just because I have a more advanced phone than others. It has really irritated me.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markgreene View Post
    I know. That is the argument I got into with the VZW rep. Why should I be treated differently (billing wise) just because I have a more advanced phone than others. It has really irritated me.
    Basically what the rep told me is that PALM decided to integrate these functions... for what reason... I don't know, maybe they thought everyone that got a treo would also get some type of data plan. I'm pretty sure they didn't think about the %age of users that were not getting a data plan.
    So basically the rep said that they aren't able to decern between what part of the "data" is actually a pix msg.. and therefore aren't able to credit the data usage that I supposedly used.
    Hi,
    I just called Verizon in hopes of adding the new data plan. They found the code and everything. Then the rep questioned it and contacted someone from 'the data area'. After about 20-25 minutes she came back and said that unfortunately my 'friend' who has this must have gotten it some time ago because it is no longer offered. She also thought maybe the person had a business account. Anyway maybe I'll try at another time.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Update on any of the account codes?
    TIA
    Cigar
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    I've already given you all of the information I was able to find out. All I can say is that "UNL PDA 800 TXT 100" worked for me on the second call. It's still on my plan and, so far, no extra data charges beyond the $20/month (and I have definitely gone over 10 MB). Plus, oddly, text messages to/from Canada seem being included in my "domestic" messaging allowance. (I thought they were supposed to be 25 cents each?)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hmm, if vzw's 700wx includes a2dp support I'll be all over that! I'm not worried at all about slingplayer usage. I used it heavily without fear of being canceled for 7 months. All those reports of people being canceled were data card users. Though I have to admit I never exceeded the 10gb limit, but went over 4gb several times.

Oh and I get a corporate discount from vzw. :-P

Thats interesting because I have one of their aircards (Verizon). I think they are starting to throttle me (I use slingplayer). It seems that my connection "mysteriously" seems to drop after a period of time. And it ALWAYS seems to "mysteriously" drop when I am doing some heavy downloading or slinging.

I am an IT network guy for a living and I am no fool. They have to be doing something fishy. They haven't cancelled me though or send me any letters.

But I already told my boss (my job pays for my card) that i want to switch to a Rev.A card with Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Thats interesting because I have one of their aircards (Verizon). I think they are starting to throttle me (I use slingplayer). It seems that my connection "mysteriously" seems to drop after a period of time. And it ALWAYS seems to "mysteriously" drop when I am doing some heavy downloading or slinging.
    That happened to me before and I thought it was vzw cutting me off like you, but it ended up being my cablemodem at home. I replaced it with a Motorola Surfboard cablemodem and have not had a problem since.
    That happened to me before and I thought it was vzw cutting me off like you, but it ended up being my cablemodem at home. I replaced it with a Motorola Surfboard cablemodem and have not had a problem since.

What would a cable modem have anything to do with a verizon aircard? This happens to me when I am on my laptop on the road. I am no where near a cable modem.
    What would a cable modem have anything to do with a verizon aircard? This happens to me when I am on my laptop on the road. I am no where near a cable modem.
    Your slingbox is hooked up to a modem of some sort. He is saying that it could be the sending modem at your house that is causing problems.
    You mentioned you were slinging. That goes through your cablemodem at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    I've already given you all of the information I was able to find out. All I can say is that "UNL PDA 800 TXT 100" worked for me on the second call. It's still on my plan and, so far, no extra data charges beyond the $20/month (and I have definitely gone over 10 MB). Plus, oddly, text messages to/from Canada seem being included in my "domestic" messaging allowance. (I thought they were supposed to be 25 cents each?)
    Quick update on this: I received a printed confirmation of the changes to my plan in today's mail. Apparently the online system truncated the plan name a bit; the actual plan name is UNL PDA 800 TXT 100 PIX. Hope that helps.
    I emailed their customer support last week and asked about it. The told me "In regards to the PDATP - Unl PDA 800 TXT 100 - 20.00 feature, this feature is not
    available for your device or account. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I didn't figure I'd get much out of their email support. Guess I could try calling them. Anyone had any luck with the in-store guys?
    You mentioned you were slinging. That goes through your cablemodem at home.

Ahhhh yes. Forgot about that.
    Did anyone else have success with this? I tried twice, no go..
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast