Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    im currently on the phone and they cant find it.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    damn it
    PLease keep us all in the loop...inquiring minds want to know!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    And so do I!!!!!!!!!
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    OK, first on the additional 2000 messages:

I just called back to try to get the 2000 extra text messages added (in addition to the $20/month unlimited data plan I got yesterday). Yes, I'm greedy. I had to speak to a data department rep before I could get anywhere. I gave him the upgrade name (sms2k) and code (70246) and he said that the additional 2000 messages were only offered to corporate account holders (with 300 or more devices on the account, or something like that). Some Verizon reps who didn't know any better had mistakenly added the plan for a few individual customers, but Verizon is now removing that add-on when they find out that an individual has it. Oh well.

On to the plan code for the $20 unlimited data: apparently it's PDATT, and it does include 800 text and 100 pix. This still seems too good to be true, so I'm checking my current balance online every couple of hours.

Also, in case it helps someone, here's a screen capture of my plan details from the VZW website:

Last edited by jberman; 12/06/2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Added plan details
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Anyone confirm whether or not data completely works like the 45 dollar plan. Like pdanet / tethering kind of stuff?
    I've called three times.

That code does not work. They are looking for a numerical digit code. The second time I called apparently it seemed she saw the plan but could not add it to my account because of either a lockout (I was waiting and got transfered three times) or because of the lack of knowledge of the numerical code. None of them could identify the plan by PDATT.

I currently don't have a data plan and just have a normal IN text message plan. This would be great to be able to send picture messages and even better to have unlimited data for $20 a month. As long as its true of course.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    On hold with them right now... They can't find it. This guy i'm talking to says its an old plan they do not offer?!?!

Gonna talk to the supervisor.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hey jberman, what area code / area are you in?
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    OK, first on the additional 2000 messages:

I just called back to try to get the 2000 extra text messages added (in addition to the $20/month unlimited data plan I got yesterday). Yes, I'm greedy. I had to speak to a data department rep before I could get anywhere. I gave him the upgrade name (sms2k) and code (70246) and he said that the additional 2000 messages were only offered to corporate account holders (with 300 or more devices on the account, or something like that). Some Verizon reps who didn't know any better had mistakenly added the plan for a few individual customers, but Verizon is now removing that add-on when they find out that an individual has it. Oh well.

On to the plan code for the $20 unlimited data: apparently it's PDATT, and it does include 800 text and 100 pix. This still seems too good to be true, so I'm checking my current balance online every couple of hours.

Also, in case it helps someone, here's a screen capture of my plan details from the VZW website:

thanks for the update, please see if you can get the code in numeric form, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mooboy View Post
    Hey jberman, what area code / area are you in?
    617 (Boston).

ft5117: keep trying. It took me several calls over several days. In one case, "UNL PDA 800 TXT 100" worked... you could keep trying that...
    What you need to ask them for is the "Price Plan Code", a 5 digit number. That should be enough for any service rep to call it up. Of course posting it here might really **** them off.

See if you can ask them "how can I tell my friend to get this exact same plan" too. You'll gain my undying love and devotion, and I'll name my firstborn son after you too.
    Interesting... my current balance just changed... to $-6.21. I wonder if that's a prorated refund for the part of the month I pre-paid on the $45/month plan. Still no charge for data usage which is currently around 10 megs.

I'll see what I can do about the price plan code...

P.S. downtownla - not bad for a first post... giving away naming rights to your first-born....
    jbreman...keep on asking for the pda sms 2000...it took me a few tries but i have it on my plan for months...

as for the unlimited data for $20, I called once and the guy also said it was an "older" plan...but i will keep on trying
    Hey jberman...you should be getting 450 minutes for $40/month. You might want to check on that too.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Hey jberman...you should be getting 450 minutes for $40/month. You might want to check on that too.
    Thanks... I know about that... but because it requires a change to the voice part of my plan I would have to sign a new contract in order to get it (at least according to customer care - someone please tell me if that's a load of crap!). I'm unwilling to sign a new contract as I may be moving to Canada in the next several months.....
    I'll call again today. I tried to have them search by the actual name of the description that you provided as well. Someone mentioned telling them to search by "Price Code?" Is that what PDATT was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noplex View Post
    I'll call again today. I tried to have them search by the actual name of the description that you provided as well. Someone mentioned telling them to search by "Price Code?" Is that what PDATT was?
    I'm calling back now to try to get the corresponding number.

UPDATE: The code is actually PDATP, not PDATT. I asked if there's a corresponding numeric code; the rep told me that the code varies by market. In some markets the code is all alpha, in others it's numeric. He was only able to access the code for my region (Boston area).... sorry I wasn't able to find out more.

Also, I tried to add the additional 2000 free text messages to my plan. Apparently you can't have two text messaging packages on the same account. Since the $20 unlimited PDA package includes text messages, it's acting as my texting plan. It seems you can't add a second texting plan on top of that. So adding the free 2000 messages, while allowed, would have replaced my $20 unlimited PDA access. Not worth it!
    Last edited by jberman; 12/07/2006 at 10:15 AM.
    I am thinking that because you have an older phone plan that reps might be able to see PDATP feature. I have called three times and nobody seems to know the PDATP plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    I am thinking that because you have an older phone plan that reps might be able to see PDATP feature. I have called three times and nobody seems to know the PDATP plan.
    I wouldn't give up just yet. Most of the reps I've spoken to have no idea what it is, even though I now have it successfully added to my account. They all tell me "oh, you don't have a data plan!" And then I say "oh yes I do." And they say, "oh, I guess you do."
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast