Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I just called on this, and the cust. service lady told me that...

1. No discounts to data plans for family plans (so I'm screwed there)
    2. To get data for $20, I need to go to a 4000 minute plan.

Doesn't sound right since no one here mentioned 4000 mins.

- Mark
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    call again lol
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    just a disclaimer to everyone here. i just spent a good chunk of time getting transfered around vzw. I ended up talking to someone in sr. marketing, and she hasn't even heard of this plan. She said, like the past 3 people, that I should add my unlimited data plan back in.

So, yes, I had it, and I have now removed it. Please watch yourself. I wouldn't want you all to be billed for kilobites.

They say that that is strictly a PDA Text / Pic plan. So this is a small warning. I knew it was too good to be true.
    I guess time will tell. sfld is our ginny pig. Let us know what your next bill looks like in a month.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I had it double checked again, and im 100% sure the data plan is the same as the unlimited data for 44.95. Like i said it all depends on who you get. I asked him if there is a difference between the data that i previously had and the one now, and he said no its the same thing. On the online account

BROADBANDACCESS SER - 0.00
    UNL PDA 800 TXT 100 - 20.00
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    sfld- i believe you, i mean thats what I saw on my account online as well when I had it added. Its just that I now have had 5 reps tell me that you need to have a data plan as well. They said that the Broadbandaccess is just provisioning saying you can use the service.

however all of this is listed under the data section. normally it is listed as

Data
    Unlimited Data Usage
    $44.99

However when you have the other package you get

Data
    NATLACCESS RM - 0.00

so, i guess i'll just wait until more people get their bill. Data takes a minimum of 3 days they said to come through unlike voice. So they couldn't check how the data was getting billed by the system. I would like to beleive, I really would.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    we shall c in 3 days i guess haha
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I don't mind how much the data plan is anymore. My company is finally paying for the phone package. And I would definitely go over the 800 text messages. The pic messages would be nice though.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    I had it double checked again, and im 100% sure the data plan is the same as the unlimited data for 44.95. Like i said it all depends on who you get. I asked him if there is a difference between the data that i previously had and the one now, and he said no its the same thing. On the online account

sfld, has there been any confirmation on this? Please let me know. Thanks,

Cigar
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Please let us know, I am pretty interested in this as well. Maybe Verizon is taking Sprint seriously?
    I'd also like to find out if this really includes unlimited data... HELL of a lot better than $45/month! I called customer care yesterday and the rep had no clue about this plan... he seemed to think the only plan I could get was a combo voice/data package. I figured I'd try again next week when the data department's open.

By the way, does anyone know if this plan applies for Palm OS-based Treos as well?

Thanks, Jesse
    Last edited by jberman; 12/02/2006 at 02:32 PM.
    I would definitely go over the 800 text amd 100 mms

Right now, I have a combo data voice plan, so my data is $30. I also pay $20 for 2500 unlimited in message plan.

I wonder if this data plan can be added along with the $20 text/mms plan? It would save me $10 a month..
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Anyone make any headway with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Anyone make any headway with this?
    I just switched over to the $20/month unlimited data plan from the $45/month plan. I didn't need to sign a new contract, and the rep assured me that it does include unlimited data. She had to specifically update my account to add Wireless Sync and a few other options she didn't mention in order to get the change to be accepted into their system. It's now listed on my plan as "UNL PDA 800 TXT 100" under the section "Express Network." There's no mention of "BROADBANDACCESS SER" as others have mentioned above, but data is working fine. FYI I have a Treo 600.

Woo hoo! (I won't be totally happy until I get my next bill and it doesn't have any extra data charges... but I'm optimistic....)
    Last edited by jberman; 12/05/2006 at 03:47 PM.
    Just be careful not to go crazy on the data for a few days and check for data charges.
    That's the plan :-)
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    call again lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    I just switched over to the $20/month unlimited data plan from the $45/month plan. I didn't need to sign a new contract, and the rep assured me that it does include unlimited data. She had to specifically update my account to add Wireless Sync and a few other options she didn't mention in order to get the change to be accepted into their system. It's now listed on my plan as "UNL PDA 800 TXT 100" under the section "Express Network." There's no mention of "BROADBANDACCESS SER" as others have mentioned above, but data is working fine. FYI I have a Treo 600.

Woo hoo! (I won't be totally happy until I get my next bill and it doesn't have any extra data charges... but I'm optimistic....)
    could one of you please do us all a favor and call your Verizon rep and ask them for the upgrade code #? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    I wonder if this data plan can be added along with the $20 text/mms plan? It would save me $10 a month..
    ebedoun -

It appears that I'm still able to add "UNL IN 2500 MSG CAM" to my plan for an additional $20 via the Add/Change Features section online, so I guess the answer is yes. Other options are "UNL IN 1000 MSG CAM" for $15 and "Unlimited IN Messaging PLUS 500 additional messages" for $10. It's unclear whether these messages would be added to the 800 + 100, or would replace them. Personally, I don't need more than a few hundred messages a month, so the 800 + 100 is more than enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    could one of you please do us all a favor and call your Verizon rep and ask them for the upgrade code #? thanks!
    I'll call tomorrow to see if I can find out the upgrade code number. FWIW, my rep told me that it's a very new plan and she didn't seem surprised that the first rep I spoke to hadn't heard of it yet. She was also unable to add it to my account from her terminal but someone else in her office was able to do it.

Persistence pays off.
    Last edited by jberman; 12/05/2006 at 10:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    any update?
    Quote Originally Posted by elradhymc View Post
    any update?
    Still no charge for data showing up online, but it's early.... although data usage has posted since I made the switch.

Haven't gotten a chance to call about the upgrade code... figured I'd try to get the extra 2000 messages added as well
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast