Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    But was he referring to Cingular release or Palm's unlocked release, is what I would like to know. Sounds like Cingular may not be quite ready.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Palm's Q2 ends this week, so Q3 begins in December for Palm. Early Q3 release = Dec-Jan timeframe.
    As I recall, Palm does 4-4-5 quarters, so quarters always end on Saturdays. This would mean that Palm's FY07 Q2 actually ended this past Saturday (11/25), and we're now in FY07 Q3.
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc View Post
    As I recall, Palm does 4-4-5 quarters, so quarters always end on Saturdays. This would mean that Palm's FY07 Q2 actually ended this past Saturday (11/25), and we're now in FY07 Q3.
    I thought one of those links stated that their Q2 ends on Friday 12/1.
    Fiscal years confuse me. And I do that stuff for a living so I should be used to it.

Why can't Mr. Colligan use dates that we civilians understand. He could refer to calendar quarters (or God forbid he would use a word like "January" or "February").
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc View Post
    Howdy all ... been a lurker for quite a while, still contemplating the purchase of one of these devices. Right now, I'm sitting on a fence between the Treo 750 on Cingular, or the 8525.

But anyway, I'm a bit confused by "FY07 Q3". If I remember correctly, we're in 2006, so how can FY07 Q3 be referring to THIS year? I understand that Fiscal years often do not coincide with calendar years, but isn't it a bit of a reach to say we're in the third quarter of 2007 already? Can anyone explain how Palm can be so far ahead of the rest of the world with regard to their calendar?

Thanks all, and, um ... nice to meet you!
    -pvs
    Quote Originally Posted by pvs View Post
    Howdy all ... been a lurker for quite a while, still contemplating the purchase of one of these devices. Right now, I'm sitting on a fence between the Treo 750 on Cingular, or the 8525.

But anyway, I'm a bit confused by "FY07 Q3". If I remember correctly, we're in 2006, so how can FY07 Q3 be referring to THIS year? I understand that Fiscal years often do not coincide with calendar years, but isn't it a bit of a reach to say we're in the third quarter of 2007 already? Can anyone explain how Palm can be so far ahead of the rest of the world with regard to their calendar?

Thanks all, and, um ... nice to meet you!
    -pvs
    generally companies use the year in which their FY ends. Since the current FY ends in '07, we're in Palm's Q3 '07 FY
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12