1.    #1  
    i got my original excel file to sync

but after i made changes to the file on my desktop, how do i get those changes to reflect on my treo?
    what i do is i keep these files in the " my treo documents" folder. what ever folder active sync created when you selected to sync files. i then have active sync "replace files on device" set under tools/options/windows pc/ settings. now when ever you change the excel file, or any other file in the "my treo documents" folder, active sync will automaticly change it on your device.

hope this helps
  3.    #3  
    thank you so much!

i'll give it a try and see what happens.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what i do is i keep these files in the " my treo documents" folder. what ever folder active sync created when you selected to sync files. i then have active sync "replace files on device" set under tools/options/windows pc/ settings. now when ever you change the excel file, or any other file in the "my treo documents" folder, active sync will automaticly change it on your device.

hope this helps

it doesn't change it on my device. not sure why. please help!
    is the file that you are editing in your " my treo documents"?
    ok, i figured it out for ya.

first off, you can not have the file open on your treo before syncing. you will get a "unresolved item" error.

second if you are connected to active sync while you edit the file on you pc, after you save it on your pc (still in the "treo my documents" folder) you must hit the "sync button" on the active sync. if your not connected while you edit, i will sync the difference the next time you sync.

the thing to keep in mind is that you dont have the file opened or even running in the background when you sync. if you get the "unresolved item" error besides the "files" in activesync this is the cause.

see if this works for ya
  7.    #7  

first off, you can not have the file open on your treo before syncing. you will get a "unresolved item" error.

second if you are connected to active sync while you edit the file on you pc, after you save it on your pc (still in the "treo my documents" folder) you must hit the "sync button" on the active sync. if your not connected while you edit, i will sync the difference the next time you sync.

the thing to keep in mind is that you dont have the file opened or even running in the background when you sync. if you get the "unresolved item" error besides the "files" in activesync this is the cause.

see if this works for ya
    thank you so much for your time. ill try it tomorrow and let you know.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi,

When I edit an excel (or any file for that matter) under the "Treo My Documents" folder, ActiveSync resyncs automatically.

Any way to turn that off?

Paul
  9.    #9  

see if this works for ya

Codyppc,
    I finally figured it out. When editing on my pc, i wasn't saving the file directly to MyTreo Documents. I just assumed ActiveSync would find the file in MyDocuments folder.

I'm coming from palm's software using documents to go. That's why i'm a little slow on this.

thank you again for your time. people like you are rare!
    your welcome. what i do is i open the file that i am editing from the "treo my documents". this way i dont have to move it around so much.

i'm glad i could help.

cody