Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i am using the simple 240 theme. i am having troubles getting the % of rain to display the right number.

when using the "s240-compactRD.wpl" layout, the display shows 10%. when i go to the detail screen it shows 80%.

here is a picture of the "s240-compactRD.wpl".

here is a picture of the detail screen.

i really would like to use the "default-large.wpl" layout. i gives me more days in the for cast and most of all the correct % of rain.

here is a picture of the "default-large.wpl" layout.

the only problem with this layout is that after i end a phone call i get the scroll bar on the side. the only way to remore it is to go into today screen prefference and let it refresh.

here is a picture of the "default-large.wpl" layout after a phone call.

can someone please hook me up with the right "s240-compactRD.wpl" layout? i am using the latest version that fixed the % icon from only showing part of it. i did switch back to the old one, but it still did it.

what i would really like is someone to make the "default-large.wpl" layout just a little smaller so that it wouldn't show the bar after the phone call. i was thinking that a person could remove the city and the time (like the top 3-5 pixels) and it would be small enough.

i have looked in to makeing my own skinns, but it just looks like it's to much for my little brain. if someone more gifted could hook me up that would be awesome.

by the way, if anyone wants to try it out, my city selection is raymore, mo 64083

thanks, cody
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    I don't think this is a WP problem, but a problem with hidelogo. The scroll bar problem occured with older version of hidelogo. Make sure you have the latest version of it.
  3.    #3  
    I have the vesion that was a cab file and a today screen option. I do belive this is the latest and greatest. yes I feel that the scroll bar poping up after the phone call is a hidelogo issue. I just feel that this issue could be fixed easier with a weather panel "default-large.wpl" layout modification. I would like the "default-large.wpl" layout more than the "s240-compactRD.wpl" layout. I have been using the "s240-compactRD.wpl" layout since it isn't effecting the scroll bar lately, but since the % of rain isn't correct I don't like it anymore. I don't want to change any of the other today plugins to get the large wpl to work.

my request is just to remove the city and time (first couple lines of pixels) from the "default-large.wpl" layout.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i am using the simple 240 theme. i am having troubles getting the % of rain to display the right number.

when using the "s240-compactRD.wpl" layout, the display shows 10%. when i go to the detail screen it shows 80%.
    Believe it or not, the rain % is not incorrect. Layout s240-compactRD.wpl is showing the current chance of rain (current hour). Layout default-large.wpl is showing the forecast chance of rain - for the day.

It depends where the #RAIN# command is placed. If it's not in a forecast section, then it's current - just like the temperature. A good example of this is in Tabs-240. In the detail graphs section, you can see the chance of precipitation for each hour:

5.    #5  
    I see... thanks.

any chance of you modifing the default-large for me?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Something like this?

Here is a zip file with the skin for you if you like this. It actually gained back 12 pixels.

Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I see... thanks.

any chance of you modifing the default-large for me?
    I'd be happy to, but I don't think it's going to solve your problem. Here's why: The scroll bar that's popping up on your Today screen is a little out of whack - it should have the down arrow at the bottom, but it's hidden because it's too long. To me, this indicates something is wrong. I had this same issue, and when I installed the latest version of hidelogo - no more scroll bars.

Before we try anything else, I'll make the same suggestion as budney:

1. Go to your today settings and uncheck hidelogo.
    2. Download the latest version of hidelogo and install it.
    3. Go back to your today settings and make sure hidelogo is checked, and it's the absolute LAST item in the list.

Then try it...
  8.    #8  
    will try storyr.

thanks grege
  9.    #9  
    ok, i downloaded the new version (which i thought i had but didn't) and installed it. i made sure it was on the bottom like storyr said. this made it worse. i now have the scroll bar all the time where i use to only have it after a call. i use to be able to refresh the today screen and the bar would go away. now it is ther all the time.

i downloaded and installed the Detail-large-cody.zip that grege made for me. it is working great. no scroll bar before or after the call.

my only problem is that the Detail-large-cody.zip that grege so kindly made for me seems to be all scrunched to the left side. is there any way to even it out a little more like the orignal?

thanks agian, grege and storyr, for all the help.

cody

before

after
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    That's strange. Mine doesn't do that. It looks like the one I posted above. I think the scroll bar might still be doing something with you because of the number of items on your screen.

How about using Today Agenda for your calendar? It has the ability to set it's own plug-in height so you would only get the scroll bar for it if you exceeded the screen size. Like this:

Greg
  11.    #11  
    thanks grege. let me play around a little and see whats going on. i know alot of you guys like Today Agenda, but i cant get it smaller than the stock calendar plugin. i don't have alot of calendar events so i don't want Today Agenda or to lose the other plugins.

thanks, cody
  12.    #12  
    grege be da man , i did a soft reset (agian) and everything is now PERFECT.

thanks agian, cody

perfect

one more thing. is there any chance to still add the " time of last update" to this with out changing the size?
    Last edited by codyppc; 11/27/2006 at 06:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Cody,

See if you like this better. I removed the settings icon so you will need to go there by using the Today Screen settings and then options for WP. Also, your time may get in the way if there is too much text in the forecast. I couldn't test for that.

Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Cody,

See if you like this better. I removed the settings icon so you will need to go there by using the Today Screen settings and then options for WP. Also, your time may get in the way if there is too much text in the forecast. I couldn't test for that.

Greg
    thanks buddy, your awesome
    GregE - what is that button bar app you are using in the screen shots above?

TIA
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Obiwan,

If you are referring to the application below WeatherPanel, that's Phone Alarm Lite using the Mobile Matthes skin that has the battery and signal strength.

Greg
    Thanks GregE!
    Guys I downloaded the above link into my phone. How do I retrieve it so I can have the weather display as well? Where is it now in my phone? I have it saved in MY TREO DOCUMENTS.

Thanks.

-Kyle
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    Guys I downloaded the above link into my phone. How do I retrieve it so I can have the weather display as well? Where is it now in my phone? I have it saved in MY TREO DOCUMENTS.

Thanks.

-Kyle
    Do you have Weather Panel installed? This is just a skin I customized for Cody so you would put it in the same folder where the original "default-large.wpl" layout is located. If you don't have Weather Panel installed, check out this large thread.

Greg
    Greg I checked out the phonealarm skin you have at the link provided. Doesn't look like a normal skin file. How do I make it work.

Forgive me, this cold is making me less than brilliant.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast