Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I've had my 700w since Jan 2006.
    Push email via 4smartphone and not too many Today Screen items loaded (only the essentials).
    Things have been working "fairly well"...but recently my Treo has been SO SLUGGISH.... the big thing I notice is that waking up the Treo by pushing the Red ON button takes several seconds to work and turn on the backlight.
    I can see the faint (unlighted) text of my Today screen, but it often takes about 10-12 seconds to light up. After this, scrolling down on my Today Screen is VERY LAGGY, and slow to respond.

I also notice that a bunch of email finally comes through after waking up the Treo from hibernation after a period of disuse (as if no Push email was working while the screen was off)...not sure if this is related to the above.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions...
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I always prescribe to the idea that a hard reset every few months is always a good idea for keeping things running efficiently. Load all your apps onto a fresh device/registry. That will bring your speed back.

Or first, you could try sktools and see if there is something obvious causing your issues.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    thx - i didn't want to revert to hard reset, but it looks as if it is coming to this. it usually takes about 2 hrs to reload everything and configure everything, and i don't have time anymore to do this. i may just put bare essentials on this time...
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo View Post
    thx - i didn't want to revert to hard reset, but it looks as if it is coming to this. it usually takes about 2 hrs to reload everything and configure everything, and i don't have time anymore to do this. i may just put bare essentials on this time...
    you'd be surprised, i have 10 or so apps and use 4smartphone. i can hard reset and load everything back up one at a time in like 30 minutes. it is well worth it to do this every few months. i allways see a big difference.
    I just did it and it took me 30 minutes or so. It was not as bad as I thought it might be and I got back A-LOT of system resources.

Remember to make a back up right after you get everything configured.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    I just did it and it took me 30 minutes or so. It was not as bad as I thought it might be and I got back A-LOT of system resources.

Remember to make a back up right after you get everything configured.
    yes, back up are the secert. even though i sometimes go for the manually reload.
    It's just a real pain in the arse because I don't always keep my serial codes in the same places.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    It's just a real pain in the arse because I don't always keep my serial codes in the same places.
    Sounds like a good reason to keep them all in the same place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    i have 4 important folders on my storage card.

1. my programs = all the cab to the programs i use every day.

2. other programs = all the cabs to other programs i sometimes use or have used. just in case i want to beem or send a program to a buddy.

3. docs = all my docs in cluding the serials to my apps. this way i can just copy and paste to register apps.

4. spb backups = all the backups just in case i want a quick restore.
    Invest in SPB back up, its worth the money the first time you hard reset and a few minutes later you are back to where you were.
    Okay, so my 700wx has been lethargic as hell for the last couple of weeks. Yesterday, I had an incoming call, and it took about three seconds for the answer key to register and pick the call up. On top of that, after the call was live, the treo gave one more good vibrate that prompted the caller to ask me if I was shaving...That was the straw that broke the camels back.

My reccomendation to the OP in post 2 was to do a hard reset. When faced with the situation myself I didnt like my own advice There was mention of the memaid application. I had purchased this back in my 6600 days and never even installed it on the WX. I figured as a last ditch effort I would give it a try.

I am happy to report that after running a comprehensive clean sweep (just about everything besides ie history/cookies) my treo is back to being highly responsive. This sped things up big time.

I reccomend memaid. I thought that I could simply clear old reg keys, ie cache, etc myself but after what memaid showed today it is a must have.

-Rob
    Where do I find the memaid program and does it cost anything?
    never mind...i found it