Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which do you recommend?

Sprite is $10 more.
    spb backup
    btw, sprite is free with the w/wx. comes on the cd. I didn't like it cause when I would restore I would get an error message saying one file couldn't be restored. it was a different file ever time.
    I've never had a problem with sprite and its free for the w/wx why pay if you don't need to.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
    I've never had a problem with sprite and its free for the w/wx why pay if you don't need to.
    Yeah that WAS my take on it until I saw how much better SPB compressed the backup files taking up less space on my card. Also I love how easy it is to schedule backups.. (not that Sprite is "hard" per say, SPB just seems a little easier).

There's already another thread on this same topic:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ghlight=sprite

SEARCH is your friend ;-)
    I always been using Sprite Backup and it works great, plus FREE with Treo 700wx. Can't complian much
    The free Sprite works great, I would use Sprite rather than SPB even if it was not free.
    I recommend not using the free sprite. Thanks to it. I am going to have to rebuild my entire wx from scratch. backup goes fine, no problems. When I restore, I get notification errors out the azz.
    Sprite works great for me PROVIDING I do a hard reset before a restore. If I try to restore without doing a hard reset first, I get tons of restore errors.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Ive done a hard reset 3 times and restored with 3 different backup sets. All are corrupt with tons of errors.
    That sucks...I must just be lucky. I can live with that
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Sprite works great for me PROVIDING I do a hard reset before a restore. If I try to restore without doing a hard reset first, I get tons of restore errors.
    Exactly. It is not flawless for restoring selective data (e.g. just calendar or contacts) either. It is all or none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Exactly. It is not flawless for restoring selective data (e.g. just calendar or contacts) either. It is all or none.
    I guess it is because that all those data are a bunch of content in one file, and as a backup software, Sprite can not splite them
    Can I put the sprite program on the card?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Can I put the sprite program on the card?
    I've been doing that and it seems to work fine.
    and after you have installed it on your card, you will tick the 'leave a copy to your card' option in advance mode to enable it to work even after the hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous00 View Post
    I guess it is because that all those data are a bunch of content in one file, and as a backup software, Sprite can not splite them
    LOL! Yes. There is no Pocket PC equivalent to Backupbuddy. I think the Backupbuddy people had a WM5 BB but I haven't heard anything about it in the last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous00 View Post
    Actually it does have a selective restore. I was able to get back 99% of my stuff by not restoring the registry...of course I lost all my program keys, and created other problems so I just started from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Actually it does have a selective restore. I was able to get back 99% of my stuff by not restoring the registry...of course I lost all my program keys, and created other problems so I just started from scratch.
    Well that is what I mean it can backup a catalog, but not a individual file or a key,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast