Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    If i have the unlimited data plan, and i pay 15 dollars a month for the in network messaging and 1000 texts... Wouldnt it be smarter to just cancel that and get the 2000 sms texts if im texting under 2000? What if i send a picture message is that coverd under the unlimited data?
    definitly make the switch. pic messages are not included though
    dont say you are using it for texting!.....lol just tell them you want the 2000 PDA Allowance....there is a thread about it and what the codes are and everything...tell them you need the plan for syncing with exchange
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    ya but am i still gonna get charged for sending picture messages? even though i have unlimited data?
    Yes MMS messages are not covered in the 2000 pda allowence. I just signed up for the pda plan a few weeks ago and I was charged for the 1 test mms message I sent but not for any of my sms messages because I was under 2k of them.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Don't use picture messages, make use of your unlimited data with an e-mail app and send pictures through that.
    Hey yall according to the verizon phone rep pictures are included in she spoke with her boss and he said the same thing the reason being they said is cause when you goto the 2000 free text plan they HAVE to get rid of your current text plan I talked to them for a while and she also noted my accoun that basically says on my next bill if I get charged for a mms message the will credit my account which I have no problem with. Please look at this other forum cause it evengive the code to get the 2000 text free.http://ppcgeeks.com/unlimited-data-p...ges-t1123.html
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Sorry to say that any MMS is no FREE AT ALL AND WONT BE!!!

Don't believe any posts above that state that any MMS posts, or PIC posts will be included in the 2000 allowance.

25 cents each if you don't have a plan.

if you were mislead by someone, ask them to pay!

If you have an unlimited internet plan, use that with an email account instead, like suggested before. Don't use MMS unless you have a plan and understand it!!!!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    dont say you are using it for texting!.....lol just tell them you want the 2000 PDA Allowance....there is a thread about it and what the codes are and everything...tell them you need the plan for syncing with exchange
    I am having a hard time finding that thread. Anyone got it handy?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Just tell the rep that you need the SMS 2000 Allowance added to your account. That's all you need to tell them.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrwulf View Post
    Sorry to say that any MMS is no FREE AT ALL AND WONT BE!!!

Don't believe any posts above that state that any MMS posts, or PIC posts will be included in the 2000 allowance.

25 cents each if you don't have a plan.

if you were mislead by someone, ask them to pay!

If you have an unlimited internet plan, use that with an email account instead, like suggested before. Don't use MMS unless you have a plan and understand it!!!!
    So, do you get charged when you GET an MMS message? or just when you send one?
    you get charged for send and receive of mms messages.
    Is this free 2000 txt plan still good? A friend tried to sign up for it and was told that it's no longer available. Verizon seems to be updating their billing systems, so maybe the code has changed?? I hope it still applies, darn my procrastinating!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Is this free 2000 txt plan still good? A friend tried to sign up for it and was told that it's no longer available. Verizon seems to be updating their billing systems, so maybe the code has changed?? I hope it still applies, darn my procrastinating!
    Yes, it should still be good. It has to be becasue not everyone is using the Exchange 2003 so some people are still havign to get emails the old fashioned way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Yes, it should still be good. It has to be becasue not everyone is using the Exchange 2003 so some people are still havign to get emails the old fashioned way.
    Thanks for the tip! Now off to sit on hold with Verizon.