1.    #1  
    I just purchased the Core Media Player from Treo Central. I am trying to watch a .avi movie on my Treo 750 and it locks up and is distorted and sometimes locks up the phone. Does anyone know what to change the settings to to make it play movies properly?
    try going to options - video - and then switching to GDI.
    I bought it when it first came out. What a piece of junk! A month and nothing but promises from the developers. Their posts on their forums make me think these are the most naive or most inept developers I've ever seen. I've totally given up on this app. Features listed that aren't even there, no excuse at all.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    This app was a real let down compared to beta i enjoyed on my kjam. We have now lost all the stability and functions which i loved and instead of being free we now have to pay for that right.

I just hope that they can turn it around, and quickly.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  5.    #5  
    I have had some luck with it. I went into the options for video and then chose RAW frame buffer and now it works perfect watching a movie. Also I was able to download the free version of it at www.mytreo.net
    Yes, changing those option now lets it play and look worse than the built-in free windows media player. Biggest waste of money I've ever spent!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    its sad b/c I continue to use TCPMP on my 8525 to stream ORB. works great.
    Any one tried the new version ?

http://coreplayer.com/content/view/23/29/
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Yes I have tried it - based on stuff posted in the forums I believed that the problems with the TREO had been resolved. They have not - video acceleration still does not work on the ATI Imageon chip in the Treo. Locked up solid whenever I tried to use it with that driver selected. eventually switched to the Raw Frambuffer and at least I can play stuff back. I'm still not impressed that the damn thing won't work with Video Acceleration switched on... Still not worth the $20 over the free TCPMP IMHO.