1.    #1  
    So I am trying to find a good Today screen enhancer. I want to find one that doesn't tax my 700wx too much but with some ergonomic enhancements & I want to buy a program.
    Wisbar; Very nice asthetically, not too taxing but Wow did switching skins ever kick my ***. There are many qvga skins but the limit of docmentattion with the product is astounding. The real problem is if u search their forums for help you pull up a lot of sarcastic posts with little value to the new user. It seems like a good product but users are soo advanced that basic info isn't there.
    SBSH; S L O W. My gosh I deleted the trial in 10 min cause it bogged my baby down. That is a shame cause it's desription seems appealing.
    Small Menu; Didn't look much different from Wisbar but not as flexable with skins.

Anyone got any advice?

Me
    My advice is to figure out wisbar. Desktop seems complicated but advanced is pretty simple.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I used to use Wisbar but switched to Wisbar lite. It isn't as bloated as the standard wisbar but still lets me use cascading start menus and the close button.
    I love Wisbar Lite too!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    My advice is to figure out wisbar. Desktop seems complicated but advanced is pretty simple.
    I agree, WA2 isn't to hard to understand. I did spend many hours on the forums, and fiddling with WA2 when I first got it. Their are a good amount of QVGA themes on the site too, most are posted along side VGA themes.
  6.    #6  
    Ya and hell for 10 bucks its hard to beat. Does anyone have the time, to post an iddiots guide to installing them on SD card? I have the program itself on my phone but I was hoping for a simple windows or vista or functionallyastheticnoobproof theme. Any takers !?

Thanks by the way all )
    Both wisbar's slow yopur device down, at least a little bit. My advice is to try a bunch of different trials until you find a happy medium. I use magic button to close. Does everything it needs to, and its free.

Theres also a program called LAUNCHER that is very good. It adds all of your programs to the today screen, in small icons like a smartphone MRU list would look. You can add/delete any programs you want- I only use 8 so it is only one line.

There are lots of programs out there. Personally, I'm not into the cascading menus, they're not as quick as they seem. But like I said, to each his own so start testing!

PS- the fun with these devices is personalizing them. Take advice from all of us, then use it to make your own decisions on what you really want. Plus you will REALLY get to know your device a lot better!
  8.    #8  
    Great points all. I do have magic button & it is in my start menu so I use it constantly. I have resco file explorer for the quick launch icons but I will continue to experiment & discover my phone.
    One thing I really like about wisbar is the one handed use of the menus.
    Being a noob is fun!
    Regarding WA2 and slowdowns. With the cascading menus there was an obvious slowdown. However, once I went back to using the standard menus any and all slowdowns dissapeared.

I run vista personal edition and my device is lightening quick.

I have ZERO tolerance for any program that slows the device. I am very happy with wa2.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2