Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just had a thought that its interesting that we have not seem many posts regarding the stability of the 750v. If you look back at the posts for the T650 introduction, you will see a litany of problems. So, I guess in that respect, things have seemingly improved quite a bit. So, is it the OS, or is Palm doing a better job. I guess we will see once the 680 is out for a week or so.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    No problems for me so far. My bet would be the OS is responsible for this. I don't think any of the problems I had with the 650 were hardware related. I also expect 680 POS issue threads to pop up fairly quickly.
    If I were a betting man, I would have to say that WM5 has settled into a relatively stable OS and that Palm has had a couple of tries (ie. 700w. 750wx) to iron out the kinks.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    This is the most stable phone that I have ever bought. The shipped ROM is pretty stable, I am beyond happy with my 750.
    well my 750 crashes 2-3 times a day. occasionally I have to hard reset. I run Goodlink which is not officially supported on this device andi think it has issus. also I think there are issues ith Blutooth (often have crashes after GPS uses, especially if I get a call in the middle). But I live with it because when it all works, and I can realy multitask, its worth it. bottomline is that its proably 3rd party sotwar that causes problems.
    My 750v crash in the early days, because I was in the process of playing with the phone.

Now, with a normal daily use , It has never crash on me
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I've not had any crashing problems with it but I have had other issues, Yesterday it decided not to pickup any of my calls, I tried pushing both the green phone button and the answer button but it just dumped the call Seems to glitch a lot too when playing an MP3 as a ring tone. Other days it's fine so maybe the problem is with Vodafone. I'll persevere and see what updates Palm release for it.

People complain about constant crashing on the the 650 but mine was always really stable. I tended to run most apps from the SD card, leaving lots of free internal memory, which I think helped a lot
    You should use as small files as possible for ring tones. Loading 4 Mb mp3's before ringing the phone is a taxing activity.

Surur
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    You should use as small files as possible for ring tones. Loading 4 Mb mp3's before ringing the phone is a taxing activity.
    Yes I know which is why I took only the first 15 seconds of the songs I wanted The MP3 used for known callers is 200Kb and the one for unknown callers is 49Kb which I would have thought were small enough
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Yes I know which is why I took only the first 15 seconds of the songs I wanted The MP3 used for known callers is 200Kb and the one for unknown callers is 49Kb which I would have thought were small enough
    seems small enough...but just out of curiosity what do you have them encodded at?
    I have to say it's more stable than I was prepared to... apart of BT, which is completely bad with my Seat Altea BT car.

this is sad, as I loved how the Treo 650 - latest firmware - worked with my car, and now I'm back with headsets...
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Yes, the bluetooth connection with my car drives me insane. It looks like it's connected but no audio plays, then something it works, then sometimes it just loops between connected and not connected, then sometimes I leave the car but the ***** bluetooth thinks it's still connected.

I would have to say the one horror spot for me has been the bluetooth compatibility with my car (2006 BMW 330i). I haven't decided what to do about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by matro View Post
    I have to say it's more stable than I was prepared to... apart of BT, which is completely bad with my Seat Altea BT car.

this is sad, as I loved how the Treo 650 - latest firmware - worked with my car, and now I'm back with headsets...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    but just out of curiosity what do you have them encodded at?
    The larger file, Windows Media Audio 9.1, 64 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR and the smaller one, Windows Media Audio 9.1, 20 kbps, 22 kHz, mono 1-pass CBR.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    The larger file, Windows Media Audio 9.1, 64 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo (A/V) 1-pass CBR and the smaller one, Windows Media Audio 9.1, 20 kbps, 22 kHz, mono 1-pass CBR.
    thats nothing too complex at all...odd...very odd
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I think it's being caused by Voice Commander, I've switched it off and will see how it goes
    The only major bug in the 750v that I've experienced is with the alarmclock.

I set an alarm and it dutifully went off. Only thing is, there is NO WAY to shut the thing off. Even a soft reset has it going off again as soon as it completed resetting. I ended up with a hard reset and a backup restore. (Thank god for Sprite Backup). Lost all my SMSes though...

The second is not a bug but a gripe; it also is related to the above experience with the alarm clock. I've bought Jeyo Mobile Extender to backup SMSes but it does not work with the 750. The functionality of the Messaging app however more than makes up for this....

Other than that, I love this device. I also strongly recommend the Vaja case which saved my Treo when it fell out of my shirt pocket when bending over and down some stairs: not even a scratch!
    Sprite does save a lota time, but if you only want to do some SIM or SMS backups, Jeyo is a good choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous00 View Post
    Sprite does save a lota time, but if you only want to do some SIM or SMS backups, Jeyo is a good choice.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my earlier post:

Jeyo does NOT work with the Treo 750 due to the customized Messaging app.
    Just my two cents to this topic, but i would agree with those above that the 750 has been the most stable Treo i have owned. Only minor glitch i have found is that every once-in-awhile it seems to "see" the expansion card, but unable to access it to write or retrieve data. A simple pop-out, pop-in of the miniSD card and all is fine again. But overall i have no regrets in spending $800 for this phone.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Yeah that is the only "bug" with mine. At least we don't have to soft reset or anything like that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast