Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have seriously been thinking about selling my 750 in order to buy a 680. I hate WM5.

Anyone else here considering doing the same?
    When I run into problems I think about it Then I realize that I want the 3G capability (even though I do not have 3G here in Vancouver yet. I am also reassured that iambic is coming out with a WM version of Agendus which was my key app on the Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by dtmfjunkie View Post
    I have seriously been thinking about selling my 750 in order to buy a 680. I hate WM5.

Anyone else here considering doing the same?
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    I'm pretty happy with the WM5 OS. I don't think I will ever go back to Palm OS. I have had more WM5 devices in the past year and basically out grew the Palm OS.
    Last edited by brmcguire; 11/24/2006 at 02:04 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I agree. I like WM5. I tolerated the POS just to be able to use a Treo. Now that I can have both a Treo and WM5, I'm pretty happy.
    Only two things keep me from switching back to Palm OS. Multitasking, and 3G support. Everything else on WM5 drives me crazy from a user experience point of view. I see this as a temporary measure, until something better is created from either the ashes of Palm OS, or from some other source.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the WM5 OS. I don't think I will ever go back to Palm OS. I have had more WM5 devices in the past year and basically out grew the Palm OS.
    I agree too! I used to swear by the Palm OS. It's still fine to use, but WM5 is better IMO.

I will agree that the buried menus can drive you up the wall, so you have to buy a launcher to put everything you usually use on the Today so you can reach them easier. They also don't make it easy to shut down anything, even with those hacks you can buy, because AS somehow always manages to start up by itself on my device. But the WM5 tasks and calender work better for me, and those are what I need to get organized and the main reason I use smartphones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    When I run into problems I think about it Then I realize that I want the 3G capability (even though I do not have 3G here in Vancouver yet. I am also reassured that iambic is coming out with a WM version of Agendus which was my key app on the Palm.
    just wondering where you got your 750 from? any local shops that are selling them? I've seen them on craigslist for 940, but would rather save $100 and get it off ebay.
    I'm buying a 680 just to compare it to my 750 but will sell it to a colleague. I use Zimbra and WM syncs everything flawlessly over the air and Palm OS doesn't. I also like how you can look up contacts real easy on WM. My main gripe with WM is the lag in apps, if they could speed that up I'm fine with all the other gripes I hear people complain about.

Bottom line, WM fits my needs better so here I stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevich View Post
    just wondering where you got your 750 from? any local shops that are selling them? I've seen them on craigslist for 940, but would rather save $100 and get it off ebay.
    I bought mine from http://www.cti-miami.com/Treo-750v-V...-pr-16953.html but here is a link to some other places selling it http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=stores
    I ordered an unlocked 680 from Palm but I think I'm going to cancel the order now. I was excited about the 680 but after using the Blackjack for a couple of weeks now, I think I'm hooked on the form factor and the 680 is too large.
    Brandon
    I bought the 750v a month ago but I can't get used to WM. I won't sell it since I need 3G for when I go to Japan but I do have a 680 on order. I love the simplicity of Palm vs. WM. And, the resolution is so much better with the 650/680. But, the deciding factor was Chatteremail. There's nothing that comes close in WM. I just hope that WM gets better with the next version since I assume the 680 will be the last Palm OS based Treo.
    its a toug decision. I agree with what all of you say here. yes POS is a breeze to use by comparison. I recently got so fed up with the 750 crashing and WM5 complexity that I put it back in the box and went back to my 650. but I missed the 750 features and decided to return, determined to make it all work (and find a way to use my key apps without it locking up). what is crazy is THE AMOUNT OF TIME I WASTE TRYING TO GET TREOS TO WORK ! hours every day, just to get that elixir of 'everthing working'. I'm thinking about buying my wife a 680 to see what its like (poor excuse - she has a 650). but when will all this madness end?
    After three weeks with 750v, I feel it is not that bad. The only reason i am thinking to order 680 just because I can give it to my wife (to replace her 650)

I feel 750v is much more superior than palm os. Now I know why palm make 680 as low-end smartphone.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This is why I'd really like to see an option on WM5 to be able to switch between the PocketPC interface (which the Treo uses) and the Smartphone interface (Samsung Blackjack, T-mobile Dash, etc).

The Smartphone interface is exceedingly simple and reminds me A LOT of Palm OS. I use both POS and WM5 Smartphone daily at work and I'd say they're pretty much equal. The PocketPC interface is nice for using the touchscreen and showing more on the screen.

Hopefully when WM7 comes out "Photon" and they merge the 2 OS's, we'll have a good option there. Until then we'll have to make due with UI mods or wait until the Linux platform rolls out to see what that brings.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    its a toug decision. . I recently got so fed up with the 750 crashing and WM5 complexity that I put it back in the box and went back to my 650. but I missed the 750 features and decided to return, determined to make it all work (and find a way to use my key apps without it locking up). what is crazy is THE AMOUNT OF TIME I WASTE TRYING TO GET TREOS TO WORK ! hours every day, just to get that elixir of 'everthing working'. but when will all this madness end?

i still can't remember the last time i had to reset my Blackberry Pearl. as for crashing, i still have to experience such. it's posts like these that remind me why my last Treo lives in a drawer.

the madness ends when you want it to.
    There is a huge/steep learning curve for WM5 coming from POS. This past Victoria Day Weekend (ie the May 2-4 weekend) i finally jumped from my Treo 650 to a Qtek S200. In October/November 2005 i had made a brief jump from my 650 to a iMate KJAM...and well within a few days I had made the decision to return it...which I did.

I knew I was asking for trouble again...no keyboard this time at all..a slower processor...but I liked the idea of wifi..When i got my unit in May i admit it was rough...and I almost gave up...but I gave myself a month...well needless to say I am jamin like a mofo now with this baby. A huge selling point for me actually was the today screen...i was able to have more fun with it and such. Sure I didnt have threaded SMS (which I truly do miss) and the Qteks phone is nothing like the Treo's...which there is now hope thanks to the 750(v)...but dang it, its awesome.

Look you have to give yourself time...its difficult, its not going to be an overnight adjustment, its going to take a while...but you will most likely realize in the end that POS is for you...if not, you can say honestly that you gave it the college try...the last time I had an adjustment like this was when i went from a BB 7280 to a Treo 600...i kept on jumping back and forth...and well needless to say the Treo sold me...

Just be patient thats all and dont be so quick to quit and throw in the towel...please
    I really can't see any reason to return to POS at thois moment. I truly love WM5 on my Treo.

My 750 only crashed once and that was because of third party software. Deleted third party software and no problems whatsoever. It is even more stable then the Tungsten E2 that I had.....
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    My only real stability problems have been the bluetooth connection to my car. The bluetooth on the Treo keeps messing up and getting locked up (it thinks it's still connected even though I've left my car) which forces me to reset. Other than that, it has been stable but the bluetooth issue is driving me batty. If I could get a Palm OS UMTS device, I'd get rid of this in a second. Right now I'm still looking for a better option but haven't found one yet.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    After 1 month of being driven crazy by WM5 instability I finally made a decision to go back to my 650 and buy a 680 soon. Its a real dissappointment but I have wasted so much time trying to get the 750 to function correctly (for that rare moment of Nirvana) and finally I gave up (for the second time). While I miss multitasking and 3G, it wasn't critical - at last not critical as actually working when I switch it on! All I can say is, its fantastic to be back ln the 650 - which feels so much faster and more responsive to use. and so much easier to use.

The move back to my 650 is
    Palm has no one to blame but themselves that they are on their last legs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast