1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I've got a noob question, but I cant seem to find an answer on the boards.... I'm running my 700wx in PDA only mode right now, and even with my power settings set to turn off after 1 min, only the backlight turns off but the unit is still on. Can anyone give me a clue as to what I'm missing?

Thanks
    sounds like you only changed the backlight settings, you'll need to set the power settings also
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    sounds like you only changed the backlight settings, you'll need to set the power settings also
    Is this the right place to go?

Settings > Power > Advanced > "On battery Power" check "Turn off device if not used for ..... (1min in my case).

I have this set up and it doesn't work....
    if you have the unit on the sync cradle with activesync running it will not sleep.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    if you have the unit on the sync cradle with activesync running it will not sleep.
    Actually, its not connected to the cradle. Funny, it doesnt seem to do that it when the phone is on and connected to the network......
  6.    #6  
    Actually, I think I may know what the problem is. If there are any apps running (Activesync, Skype, PIE), it seems to want to stay on (backlight turns off after the correct amount of time). Another weird thing, I will turn the phone function off, but the battery still drains after I press the off button to turn off the PDA. It seems the only way to make sure the unit is totally off is to quit all the programs first before pressing the hang up button. Is this normal behavior (meaning programs will continue to run even when you press the hang up button when the phone function is off.....)?
    Some programs "run" in the background, others just "stay open" and idle. Most just stay open, Skype might "run."

I have noticed before that bluetooth will override the device-off settings. If you have a headset connected the backlight goes off but the device takes slightly longer, or doesn't at all.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks littlepat.

This is something interesting....

I think Activesynce is a little too "active". I had stopped all programs, and then turned off the phone function, and then turned off the unit as a whole. (i was doing this to conserve battery power because my phone batt was low). Well, lo and behold, a little while later I get a "beep", and turning it back on, I see the low batt message. I go to check the programs list again, and I see activesync running! Is there no way of turning off the unit fully in this case, other than disabling activesync manually or pulling the battery?? This seems awful strange....

Oh, and no headset attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
    Thanks littlepat.

This is something interesting....

I think Activesynce is a little too "active". I had stopped all programs, and then turned off the phone function, and then turned off the unit as a whole. (i was doing this to conserve battery power because my phone batt was low). Well, lo and behold, a little while later I get a "beep", and turning it back on, I see the low batt message. I go to check the programs list again, and I see activesync running! Is there no way of turning off the unit fully in this case, other than disabling activesync manually or pulling the battery?? This seems awful strange....

Oh, and no headset attached.
    See the sticky that refers to "700w wont power on, solution provided" thread for info about killing activesync.

Still, having activesync running should have so little effect on your batt life that it should not even be noticable.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2