1.    #1  
    I owned a Motorola Q and now I have a Treo 750. While playing music throught my bluetooth stereo headphones it does not sound like "true" streo on the Treo like it did on the Motorola Q. Anyone have any insight or answers?? Thanks.
    When you paired the stereo headphones, did you select the stereo headphones profile in BT manager?

Also, I find that if I use voice command sometimes the audio out to the headphones goes mono. If I turn off the headphones and re-connect it goes back to stereo.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3.    #3  
    yes i did try that. from what i have read it looks like the ms bluetooth stack on the treo does not perform ad2p as well as the widcomm bluetooth stack in other devices. my motorola q sounded as good as using a wired stereo headset when i was using my bluetooth one.
    i had the same result. very dissappointing. sounded like mono to me.
    also does anyone know of a dongle or device to plug into standard headphones that will BT enable them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Used Car KIng View Post
    yes i did try that. from what i have read it looks like the ms bluetooth stack on the treo does not perform ad2p as well as the widcomm bluetooth stack in other devices. my motorola q sounded as good as using a wired stereo headset when i was using my bluetooth one.
    It's not the MS stack that is causing the problem. My KJAM has the MS stack and it sounds fine. Albeit not audiophile quality, but definitely stereo.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    It's not the MS stack that is causing the problem. My KJAM has the MS stack and it sounds fine. Albeit not audiophile quality, but definitely stereo.
    So Palm ****ed up and used their own stack?
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    i just tried to make sure it used the stereo, and it does sound better for some songs, but not others.
    You can also try making a reg hack to improve the BT stereo quality:

Palm ships the 750 from the factory to output Mono using A2DP. Here's how to make it stereo and improve the quality. The bitpool of 48 seems to be the Treo's sweet spot for quality and skip-free performance.

/HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings
    UseJointStereo=0
    BitPool=48
    MaxSupportedBitPool=48

Be warned though, while 48 does improve the quality, if you plan to multitask while listening to music (ie. Surf the web, etc etc) you will experience skipping. The highest I was able to set the BitPool is 32 without skipping, not much of an improvement from the default of 30.