1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I'm a newbie and after doing some fruitless searching, I'd like to ask this question..... How can I make a connection to my computer so I can use it as sort of a wifi connection for my 700wx? I've got My Network Access service running on my computer, but whenever I try to connect to my computer, all I get is the handsfree service available....

If you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks
    I did this while back on my 6600 through activesync. I do think that there are other ways to do it though. Try running a search in the 6600 forum at pdaphonehome.com for reverse bt dun.

good luck
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dartmouth01 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm a newbie and after doing some fruitless searching, I'd like to ask this question..... How can I make a connection to my computer so I can use it as sort of a wifi connection for my 700wx? I've got My Network Access service running on my computer, but whenever I try to connect to my computer, all I get is the handsfree service available....

If you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks
    You need PDANet: http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/
    I take it there is no way around this, am I correct to say that the 700wx doesn't have DUN....
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I get about 5 minutes worth of internet time via bluetooth connection before my whole phone freezes up. I'm rather disappointed with PdaNet.
    PDANet works great for me. Always has. Even back when I had a Treo600. On my 700w my only complaint is when an incoming call comes in I lose the connection. If your phone is freezing PDAnet my be conflicting with another app on your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo View Post
    PDANet works great for me. Always has. Even back when I had a Treo600. On my 700w my only complaint is when an incoming call comes in I lose the connection. If your phone is freezing PDAnet my be conflicting with another app on your device.

I don't have any apps installed on my phone. Oh well...win some loose some.
    I think the OP's question has been misinterpretted.

I believe the OP is asking how to use his computers's wifi connection with his handheld via BT. NOT to use the handheld evdo for the laptop to connect.

Re: PDANet, I get slower and buggier experiences when connecting via BT as opposed to via USB sync.
  9.    #9  
    Yep, I'm looking to be able to use the bluetooth connection to basically activesync and also have a connection to the net thru my home computer.

I'll look up reverse BT DUN when I get a chance.......
    if you can set up activesync via bt you should be all set.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Has anyone received a charge from Sprint using PDANet?
    Nope.