Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to upgrade voice command to 1.6 but according to Handango it is not compatible with the 750. Anyone tried it yet or know if Handango is correct?
  2.    #2  
    If anyone cares I upgraded it to 1.6 and it works.
  3. #3  
    Voice command worked before with 1.5 including bluetooth dialing. What do you see different with 1.6?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. #4  
    can someone pls explain to me how to operate voice command? i couldnt find instructions
  5. #5  
    Users manual page 207, (page 216 in the PDF).

    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    can someone pls explain to me how to operate voice command? i couldnt find instructions
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6.    #6  
    some of the settings are now more customizeable. it will read your email and text messages to you also. now when i push the button on the bluetooth headset it seems that the mic on the treo is opening to receive my voice command not the mic in my bluetooth headset. i bought it from handango and you can seel all the features there. not sure if its more accurate yet i will use it today and see.
  7. #7  
    Well if the mic on the Treo is being used instead of the mic on the headphone, I would consider that a huge step backwards. That would be a loss of functionality to me.

    On the Howardforums pocketpc area there is someone (who claims to be on the development team) saying that 1.6 isn't compatible with the 750v.

    Quote Originally Posted by Used Car KIng View Post
    some of the settings are now more customizeable. it will read your email and text messages to you also. now when i push the button on the bluetooth headset it seems that the mic on the treo is opening to receive my voice command not the mic in my bluetooth headset. i bought it from handango and you can seel all the features there. not sure if its more accurate yet i will use it today and see.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8.    #8  
    It is, I uninstalled 1.6 and went back to 1.5
  9. phaijai's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #9  
    I need some help. For some reason, my Voice Command stopped giving me the notification tone/prompt (the tone where it shows the microphone at the top of the screen) whenever I initiate it through my bluetooth headset. This happened while using version 1.5 so I installed 1.6 to try it out. With 1.6, the notification icon would come up when initiated by the bluetooth headset but the prompt would play through the phone and not the headset. I uninstalled 1.6 and went back to 1.5. Still, I cannot get the prompt through the headset. In fact, initiating Voice Command through the headset does nothing at all. Any idea on what I can do to get my notification/prompt back through the headset so I can use the headset to initiate calls?
  10.    #10  
    Did you go into the setting for voice command and check enable voice command? The same thing happened to me and when I did check it I kept getting a message saying that I had to restart Voice Command and it never worked. I had to do a hard reset to get it to work properly again.
  11. phaijai's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #11  
    Ouch, a hard reset and then reload all your programs again? I am hoping to avoid that so I'll keep trying...
  12. #12  
    HI, was reading this thread, was wondering if anyone can answer as to wheter or not the treo 700W Windows Smartphone can initiate voice commands/dialing via a bluetooth headset. Everything I am reading has said this is not possible. Are there any third party apps that could provide this functionality? Thanks
  13. #13  
    There is JETware handsfree extension that can activate Voice Command, but due to a hardware limitation on the 700w the headset mic and speaker will not communicate to the treo until a call is active. So you have to speak into the treo's mic to tell VC who you wanna call.
  14. #14  
    Can someone clarify this for me: Does Voice Command 1.5 come with the Treo 750v? Is it loaded in ROM or is on the CD? And if this is the case, it works with Bluetooth headsets?

    And on another note, I checked a recent source recommended for the 750v and could not find it. Where can I buy one of these?
    David
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by defii View Post
    Can someone clarify this for me: Does Voice Command 1.5 come with the Treo 750v? Is it loaded in ROM or is on the CD? And if this is the case, it works with Bluetooth headsets?

    And on another note, I checked a recent source recommended for the 750v and could not find it. Where can I buy one of these?

    VC 1.5 is installed on the T750 ROM.
  16. #16  
    OK, here:

    Treo comes with 1.5. It does NOT allow you to speak commands INTO THE BT HEADSET.

    Version 1.6 also DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO SPEAK INTO THE HEADSET. BUT, it will initiate voice command, through the phone. That is a LITTLE MORE than 1.5, but not good enough. Here's the kicker:

    It WILL work 100% with bluetooth stereo headphones. So hackers out there, figure out what settings are enabled when you connect the "wireless stereo" profile and there may be a change to hack this.

    DO NOT BUY 1.6 if you are looking to speak into the headset. You will waste your money.
  17. #17  
    What are talking about? The 750v DOES allow voice commands to be spoken into a bluetooth headset. I've done it from across the room and it works fine. The 700w and 700wx don't allow this but the 750v does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    OK, here:

    Treo comes with 1.5. It does NOT allow you to speak commands INTO THE BT HEADSET.

    Version 1.6 also DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO SPEAK INTO THE HEADSET. BUT, it will initiate voice command, through the phone. That is a LITTLE MORE than 1.5, but not good enough. Here's the kicker:

    It WILL work 100% with bluetooth stereo headphones. So hackers out there, figure out what settings are enabled when you connect the "wireless stereo" profile and there may be a change to hack this.

    DO NOT BUY 1.6 if you are looking to speak into the headset. You will waste your money.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    What are talking about? The 750v DOES allow voice commands to be spoken into a bluetooth headset. I've done it from across the room and it works fine. The 700w and 700wx don't allow this but the 750v does.
    I am not sure how this is true since VC 1.5 does not have this functionality built in. It was added in 1.6. Also, Ebadger over at HoFo has made several comments that BT dialing on the TyTn and 750 with VC1.6 is broken and they are waiting on a fix...

    Here is his quote

    "HTC Hermes (TYTN) and PALM 750 have a bluetooth driver that has been implemented in a non standard way. VC 1.6 won't work properly on the TYTN or the Palm 750."

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...3&page=4&pp=15
  19. #19  
    VC 1.6 doesn't work correctly, but the supplied 1.5 works with a bluetooth headset. I know, I've done it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    VC 1.6 doesn't work correctly, but the supplied 1.5 works with a bluetooth headset. I know, I've done it.
    oh, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that you can't use a BT headset with 1.5. What does not work is initiating a call from the BT headset. With 1.5 you still have to assign a button on the Treo that you have to press which will fire off the program. With 1.6, you can leave your Treo in our bag, and as long as you have a BT headset paried with it, you can press a button on the headset which will fire off the program.

    This is what is currently broken with 1.6 on the TyTN and 750
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions