1.    #1  
    how can i answer in coming calls while teathered useing pdanet?

on my 6700 i could be teathered and still be able to answer the incoming calls. infact i really would never loose internet connection. i couldn't surf at the same time but after the call was finished i didn't have to reconnect for internet connection.

i don't mind having to reconnect the internet connection. my big problem is not being able to answer the incoming calls.

when a call comes in i try to answer by pressing the green phone key and it stop ringing , but doesn't connect. i have tried hitting the softkey that says answer, but it doesn't work either. the ringing stops when i hit the keys but never connects. i then have to reconnect internet connection as well.

i have looked on the pdanet help site and found nothing.

can anyone help? is there a setting somewhere?

thanks, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 11/22/2006 at 02:08 PM.
    Just for the record, I have this same problem and it's annoying.
  3.    #3  
    you know. I searched ( googled " pdanet incoming calls) and found a link to tc talking about people beong able to answer incoming calls with pdanet. I do belive it was with the 700w. would this be a carrier thing?
  4.    #4  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/ar.../t-104502.html

this is the thread I found before I started this post. I don't quite understand it. do I have a newer version that doesn't do what the older versions did? is there something that I have set up wrong? is this a carrier thing? like I said before, the post above is about the verizon 700w.
  5.    #5  
    bump, anyone.

this is driving me crazy not being abole to answer calls.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Ditto here.

I just got my 700wx and tried out pdanet 1.72 and have the same behavior:

1)my laptop is connected to the treo and actively using the connection
    2)call comes in and breaks the data connection
    3)I try to answer the phone (either by the softkey or green button) and it just quits the call. i.e. the caller on the other side gets dumped to voicemail.
    4) I have to manually re-establish the data connection if I want to continue surfing using the laptop

Any fix or workaround for this?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just tried pdanet 1.73RC2 and same problem but slightly different behavior.

While tethered, if a call comes in, the data connection will drop and the phone will ring just once.

For the caller, the line will keep ringing until it goes to voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by bender29 View Post
    I just tried pdanet 1.73RC2 and same problem but slightly different behavior.

While tethered, if a call comes in, the data connection will drop and the phone will ring just once.

For the caller, the line will keep ringing until it goes to voicemail.
    I don't know whether it makes any difference...haven't tried it yet...but have you tried changing the following setting?:

Menu>Preferences>Phone Settings>Services>Data Settings>Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session.

FWIW