1.    #1  
    I logged in to agile messager today and it siad that I had 7 days left on my free trial? I thought it was a free program..
    Quote Originally Posted by kangolslimm View Post
    I logged in to agile messager today and it siad that I had 7 days left on my free trial? I thought it was a free program..
    no, they always said it would be a charge program. you were just using the beta hence free.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Considering how much it drains the battery, I think it should remain beta until that's addressed.
    How does this program compare with verichat? pros/cons?
    I'm used Agile Messanger for like 2 months before they started to charge for service. Then I switched over to IM+ and this program is also a battery hog. Is there any messaging program out there that does drain my battery like a leech?
    Verichat is the only that does not drain the battery.

It has two options:

- Direct connect (like Agile, IM+,etc). This is what drains the batteries

- SMS Relay. This is what saves them.

When you are using the program e.g. in a chat, it direct connects for speedy connection.

When you "idle" in the background e.g. you are Away, it uses SMS relay.

What is SMS relay? Verichat's servers are in between you and AIM (gtalk, MSN, etc.) When you go into standby, their servers keep you "signed on". Your data connection goes idle though. If someones IMs you, Vericaht (via their servers) pass on the message by sending a special 'text message" to you. This is hidden by the system and wakes up Verichat on your device.

To you, the user it looks like just a normal IM message coming through. If you accept the chat, it direct connects and away you go.

This is all seamless.

Downside? Costs $24.95 a year and sometimes people need to IM you twice before the SMS nudge goes through, which can be a pain. Customer service is not the greatest.

Benefit? Well, I just ran it for 11 hours straight with Push email and WeathPanel hourly updates. I still had 75% of my battery left (2200mah).

You can also read away messages and set custom ones for yourself.

I'll stick with verichat then...especially since I have already paid for it!
    Ok, so I decided to remove/uninstall Agile and after I do that and reboot, Agile seems to be all over my 700wx still. Has anyone done tried to uninstall and seen this? Is there a list of all the places Agile installs file/settings so I can go in and remove them all?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaren View Post
    Ok, so I decided to remove/uninstall Agile and after I do that and reboot, Agile seems to be all over my 700wx still. Has anyone done tried to uninstall and seen this? Is there a list of all the places Agile installs file/settings so I can go in and remove them all?

Thanks
    I don't see any files left over on my 700wx. Where are the files located that you are speaking of? I did see an old file on my SD card where I had Agile installed. That's about it.
    - SMS Relay. This is what saves them.

When you are using the program e.g. in a chat, it direct connects for speedy connection.

When you "idle" in the background e.g. you are Away, it uses SMS relay.

What is SMS relay? Verichat's servers are in between you and AIM (gtalk, MSN, etc.) When you go into standby, their servers keep you "signed on". Your data connection goes idle though. If someones IMs you, Vericaht (via their servers) pass on the message by sending a special 'text message" to you. This is hidden by the system and wakes up Verichat on your device.

To you, the user it looks like just a normal IM message coming through. If you accept the chat, it direct connects and away you go.

This is all seamless.
    does it use up your text messages to relay Instant messages?
    Quote Originally Posted by allman View Post
    does it use up your text messages to relay Instant messages?
    yes, presumably.

the good news is it's only the 1st message sent to 'wake up the device' counts as SMS. Once a chat is actually started, it's straight data usage.