1.    #1  
    Handango has a 25% sitewide sale this week (code: EMAILSALE) so I picked up SKTools which I have been thinking about for a little while.

If you're currently using it, or have in the past, which of the many features did you like the most? What was the most helpful?
    END OF LINE
    I use it all the time to see what processes are loaded and which dll's each process loads. I can kill any process whether listed in the taskmgr or not.

I also use it to examine what is in the various db's that exist on my treo and to clear dups in my notification queue. It also shows you what gets installed via a cab or removed when you remove programs.
    Newest and latest feature: Registry Compressor

Freakin' brilliant. I often compress about 20%.

The cleanup utilities and PIM utilities are also very nice (remove duplicates).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I also use the features mentioned by Mal and hannip along with the uninstaller. It does a way better job than the builtin one. Planning to play with the Move DLL function when I have a chance.
    Guys, I am not one to tell anyone what to do. However, try not to buy from handango. Mobihand is the way to go. The reasons are too many to mention right now, one being that "download protection" that shows up in your cart for 5 bucks without authorization. And if you take it off, the software is GONE after you download it, with no hope. Yes, I save them to my PC, but you never know what could happen.

I only buy software from them that isn't available through other sites. Like VC 1.6
  6.    #6  
    Littlepat - I will certainly agree with you that the site has problems, but I'm not sure what you mean about the software being gone. Of course, I also religiously back up my purchases, but if I log into the site, and look at my purchase history (even after removing "download protection" on every single purchase) I can re-download every piece of software and my registration keys are there for me too...

I will look into Mobihand, because I am never one to pass up a good opportunity if I can help it, but I wasn't sure what you meant before.

And on SKTools: thanks for the tips - I have yet to sit down and delve into it fully... I will be looking for those recommendations...

And Mal, if I dump .net 2.0, how in the world will I run my beloved apps that need it?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    And Mal, if I dump .net 2.0, how in the world will I run my beloved apps that need it?
    Dump those apps too and find alternative that use C++!

(btw, I hate handango too. I like pocketgear.com.)

Yeah, handango is pretty much my last choice also. If the developer of an app has a checkout option on their site, I would do through that to save them from the ridiculous fees that handango charges.
  9.    #9  
    I had no idea how bad Handango was... I've ordered from PocketGear before, but not in a while... I will consider this in the future...

But Mal - I just got Map4PDA working the way I like it, reliably, with my GPS! Plus, doesn't Tweaks2K2 need .NET as well?
    END OF LINE
    I had no idea how bad Handango was... I've ordered from PocketGear before, but not in a while... I will consider this in the future...

But Mal - I just got Map4PDA working the way I like it, reliably, with my GPS! Plus, doesn't Tweaks2K2 need .NET as well?
    Nope.
  11.    #11  
    Ok then...
    END OF LINE
    Well, if you need it, you need it! No way around that (unless you get TomTom or something I suppose).

Technically, Tweaks2k2 requires .NET but only CF 1, not 2 and since we all have 1 in ROM anyways...