1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been posted before; couldn't find in a search.

There are times where I leave my Pocket Outlook open on that screen and turn the Treo off or it turns off on it's own after a min (the screen). An email or text message will come in, and I won't get an alert at all. This has happened every since I've had it; I just haven't thought to post here. Is there a way to resolve this? Currently, I have the Treo set to give a audible alert, a vibrate if the ringer is off, and a popup window. It's frustrating that I have to close out my Outlook window before I put my Treo down to make sure that I get the messages when they come in.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    It does the same thing on the 700w, I have found no work around to it.
  3.    #3  
    That's quite frustrating. Coming from the 650 and 700p I expected the same features. My alert light won't even flash now when a new message comes in. I guess I'll just learn to get used to closing it out!
    Try phonealarm. It should solve both the problems you listed.

http://www.pocketmax.net/
    It does the same thing in Verichat and Threaded SMS.

Personally, I love this feature. It's smart. If I'm looking at my screen, waiting for a new IM, SMS, or Email why do I need an alert every time? There should be a way out of constant "new" alerts. I guess

I'm also in the habit of just hitting the "Ok" button when I'm done using a program.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I never understood this. When I leave my Palm Messaging app open in a chat and a new text messge comes in I get the audible alert. I dont' get the popup notification though. Are you saying you don't get an audible alert either?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I never understood this. When I leave my Palm Messaging app open in a chat and a new text messge comes in I get the audible alert. I dont' get the popup notification though. Are you saying you don't get an audible alert either?
    good question. I don't remember!

I just re-installed for the 1st time in two weeks and haven't tried it yet. What you saying though sounds vaguely familiar.

Malatesta and I ran some tests. He is not getting audible alerts when viewing a chat and a new text comes in. I get the audible alerts. It might be related to PhoneAlarm. I don't have it installed currently.

Also if anyone else is getting the audible alerts please post and say so. It could very well be that I have some extra 750 dll's installed on my device that is making it work.
    yep, i got audio alert as well, while the app was opened. no phone alarm installed.

hope this helps, cody
    Yeah, I just found another issue which is related to PhoneAlarm and "one click mute"--it works, but it seems to kill all future audible alerts, which would negate my previous finding about alerts in chats.

I am running beta3 of the threaded SMS and have PhoneAlarm running as well. I don't use the oneclick mute option in PA as it annoyed me. I get a popup and audible notification in the following scenarios.

- I have a threaded chat session open with user A and a new text message is sent from that same user.

- I have a threaded chat session open with user A and a new text message is sent from user B.

- I am out of the threaded SMS app and a new text message is sent.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  12.    #12  
    No offense, but there is absolutely no reason that I should have to install a 3rd party program like PhoneAlarm just to get the Treo to do what it should be doing. If my screen is off, regardless of whether I left the program open or not, I should get an audible alert. I'm not sure what other issues you all are referring to, but my reason for opening this thread was to see if others are having the same problem with the same scenario. Hard to believe the Windows version wouldn't be smarter to handle this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    No offense, but there is absolutely no reason that I should have to install a 3rd party program like PhoneAlarm just to get the Treo to do what it should be doing. If my screen is off, regardless of whether I left the program open or not, I should get an audible alert. I'm not sure what other issues you all are referring to, but my reason for opening this thread was to see if others are having the same problem with the same scenario. Hard to believe the Windows version wouldn't be smarter to handle this.
    That's where we differ though.

What you state is your preference. I disagree with "...to get the Treo to do what it should be doing." Who's to say that's what it should be doing? I like the way it works and I think it is "smart" for doing so.

So who wins? Who is right?

That's the problem here: everyone wants their device a certain way and to act a certain way. I do no envy developers who have to make these decisions. And simply adding yet another option ends up making the OS even more confusing.

That's just the way the OS is designed as stated above. So...

(1) You can either minimize the app when you are done
    (2) Get PhoneAlarm or
    (3) Learn to live with it
    (4) Leave WM

Not much else to say in the matter.