1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Did Verizon cripple the OBEX profile for bluetooth & if so,is there a way to activate it. Im tired of using the infared to beam files to other PDA users. I notice the GSM users have their's available & are fully functional but I cant seem to find the profile in my 700w. Hopefully Verizon didn't remove it completely.
    I don't think the 700w/wx has OBEX to begin with (dont' see it any spec sheet), but I'm not sure.
    get resco file explorer. it has an option to transfer via bluetooth obex .
    According to the following website, 700w/wx have the OBEX profile. The profile I see missing is GAP and do not know why.

http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Templat...ProductID=3079
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'm about to install Resco Explorer now. However,before I do,I know it has the option to send files via bluetooth but will it actually work? Just asking ahead of time because Verizon has a reputation of neutering there phones & PDA's by disabling the OBEX profile forcing you to download ringtones etc. from them.
    it works, I do it all the time
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    But will it find another treo 700w device since the OBEX profile isn't active unless sending a file? Will the receiving Treo recognize that there is an incoming file & allow the transmit?
    I can send via bluetooth but I need to receive via bluetooth. anyhpne know a solution?
    Have you tried enabling "Receive all incoming beams" in the beam settings under the connections tab in start-settings? Enabling this starts the obex service. Why obex is tied to beam settings I don't know.
    ya, that fixed it...